Friday, June 19, 2020

finishing up my birthday

This morning, I'd sent this photo -
of the gift that has kept giving -
to the one who gave it to me.
"Best. Flowers. Ever."
Christina was surprised to find they were still providing me joy.
After all, it's been three weeks since I received them.
The other flowers were relinquished to the trash heap days ago.
The lilies of the valley have browned edges now, but I will enjoy them this one last day.

Yesterday, the $75 gift card from Tony and Laura supplied me with all of this from Food Lion.
Hot dogs and ham steaks and tofu!
Tortillas and Rotel and garbanzos!
Pasta and chicken and tuna, too!
Peas of crowder and black-eyed!
Thick-sliced cheddar and swiss for more grilled cheese!
Applesauce and diced peaches!
Fresh watermelon and plums and a real apricot, as a special treat!
Special is what birthdays are about!

Special is how Jason's Deli has treated me, too.
Slunch was half-price with my $5 gift voucher from them.
The Carmela, with its meaty trio -
salami, pepperoni, and ham -
between two hunks of sourdough
must have been created just for me!
Absolutely delectable!
The chips and iced tea were just icing on the cake, so to speak.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

FYI: I wrote a review for Jason's Deli and posted it to tripadvisor!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60814-d13119274-r758657391-Jason_s_Deli-Savannah_Georgia.html