Friday, June 19, 2020

sunrise, sunset, stonehenge

"Saturday, June 20th, at 4:26 PM here in Savannah, the sun will set through these ancient ruins. Then, on Saturday, June 20th still, at 11:52 PM, the first day of summer begins in Stonehenge as the sun rises against that magnificent backdrop. I'll be watching, thanks to the good folks at English Heritage providing a open window. What a view it will be!"

I just now posted that on fb, after attending the Odd Lot Friday Funnies show 'with' my first niece and others.
I wanted to make sure I gave everyone I know one last heads up on his summer solstice event, because i certainly won't be on fb tomorrow.
I'll be watching from the youTube channel, as that site suits me better.
I do hope folks will be sharing this once in a lifetime event with me!
It isn't that summer solstice doesn't occur every year - because it does.
It isn't that Stonehenge doesn't have a throng of watchers every year - because it does.
However, I don't have that trip on my wish list, usually, as it would be cost prohibitive.
Any travel across the Atlantic Ocean is pricey.
That makes this virtual holiday to that location so very magical.
If not for the COVID-19 pandemic, the only way for me to witness the event would be in person.
So, this is an apparent blessing from the horrific scourge besetting Earth's people.
i thank You, God.

Now, for any who might have queries, this link should be of assistance.

My many thanks to these kind people at English Heritage.
I'm regarding this as a travel opportunity for my birthday62.
(smile!)

No comments: