Sunday, June 7, 2020

cream is a dirty word?

Okay, it's 'mercials time, so this will be quick, as I have more dancing in store!
The CBS Sunday Night Movie is the "Grease Sing-Along" and I'm watching it with Barbara and Sandy and Laurie and Lynn!
How did they know it was on?
Because I sent them this!
"omG! Grease Sing-Along is coming on channel 6 at 8:30 tonight! WOOHOO!
You going?
"

It's been a hoot and a half, too!
For one thing, the channel has audible closed caption on, so this woman's voice keeps describing what's going on.
For another, certain words are removed from the sing-along lyrics...
including the word "cream" during "Greased Lightning" -
how hilarious!
I've been having a blast dancing with my friends to all the songs -
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this in the line-up!
Oops... it's back on!
Gotta go dance!
(smile!)

6 comments:

amiga Barbara said...

Barbara Nixon:

I can almost hear y'all singing!
And was that an earthquake from the dancing?
LOL!

amiga Sandy said...

Sandy Karlin:

I've seen this movie so many times that I know all the words of dialogue, too!
This movie shows that teenagers are obnoxious no matter what decade... 50's, 60's... now.
A guy used to sing "Oh, Sandy" to me in high school - iit was so embarrassing!

niece Molly Hester said...

Oh, no! I have to work!

1st niece Christina said...

I'm recording it. I'm so tired that I'm going to bed now.
Thank you for telling me about this!
I love you, Aunt Tina!

faustina said...

LOL!
I hadn't recognized that the dance show host was "Kooky, Kooky, lend me your comb" until I saw the name Edd Byrnes in the credits!
How funny!
Thanks, Jim Reed, for that movie "Any Gun Can Play", with him as a gunslinger with kung fu moves!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Any_Gun_Can_Play

faustina said...

So... many... songs!!!
I danced and sang along with "Summer Lovin'", "Sandy Dee", "Hopelessly Devoted", "Greased Lightning" - with ALL the words!
Also, "Beauty School Dropout", "You're The One That I Want", and "We'll Always Be Together"!
Plus, I even danced to the dance show tunes: "Hound Dog" and "Hand Jive"!!!
So...much...fun!

Now, I need to catch that link for the surprise movie that PFS had tonight and that I had *thought* I was attending until I found out this was going on!