Wednesday, June 24, 2020

chart your course

Since 2013, Landry's has gifted $25 to my account for my birthday.
That year, the year I joined, I dined at T.Rex and I was there again - and superlatively so - last year.
As I am most often in Daytona to celebrate, I've dined twice (2014 and 2015) at Bubba Gump's, as well as at that Chart House in 2016.
This year, I opted to stay local, of course, and chose The Chart House on River Street.
My reservation is for 7:30 tonight!

Why them instead of the other Landry's club restaurant?
Specifically, because of that menu option:
"Chart Your Course".
Number one, it appealed to the sailor in me.
Number two, it gave me options that were all appealing.
Number three, and most def the deciding factor, it made me smile at the pun!
I find those so delicious!
(smile!)
So, reservation made last night, I have excitedly waited all day for the time to come to head downtown.
But wait!
What about having to miss an episode of "Quantum Leap"?
No worries, I researched that last night, too, before making the reservation and after looking at menus.
Always a scientist!
(smile!)
I made sure to catch the first one tonight, "What Price Gloria?" s2e4, when he was a woman for the first time.
Given that it was set in 1961 and she was a working woman, I know Mama would have known that story first-hand.
(The 7 PM episode, which skipped ahead to s2e11, is about the parapsychologist and I deemed it okay to miss.)
And now, looking in the mirror, who's who's that lady?
Well, as The Isley Brothers said, "you can look, yeah,
but don't touch" - lol!
Hey, it's me -
touch is not only allowed, but encouraged!
During the 'mercials, I got all dolled up!
This is one of my new dresses from Lane Bryant.
Oh, had I not yet mentioned them?
Well, they gave me $20.02 store credit for my birthday and it was about to expire when I decided to check their online stock...
and they were having a dress sale!!!
The black dress, with the self-tie, handkerchief hem and pockets was on sale from $59.95 to $29 - wow!!!
It's actually a little heavy, so I'll be able to wear it in cooler weather, too.
Then there's this flirty little number!
Princess seaming in the bodice, a zipper in the back for that snug fit, and pockets - absolutely a dream dress for me!
Plus, marked down from $70.99 to only $29, it was a steal!
Happy birthday62 to me!!!
Now, off I go to chart my course!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I forgot to mention the name of the red color of the fitted dress:
razzleberry!!!
I just LOVE that!!!
Nost def meant for the F-grrrl!!!
(smile!)