Thursday, June 4, 2020

thanks, blue apron, for making it right!


When the box had arrived on the Wednesday before my birthday62, I had been home - of course - to immediately bring it inside.
No need to leave it out there on the porch to get heated, right?
Plus, I was eager to open it, as I had steak and salmon awaiting me!
But I noticed the box was a bit soggy...
then, inside, goop was all over the inside of the box and outside the insulated bag.
Drats, another leaky freezer bag must have been inside...
and the box had been inverted at some point during transit...
allowing those goopy contents to smear all inside.
So, as before, I had removed the individually bagged vegetables and meats and knick knacks, washing them clean before they went into the fridge.
I spread out the recipe pages to dry.
Then I tried to clean the two loose zucchini, coated in goop.
The garlic, also loose, was so saturated that I threw it out.
Then, I wrote a letter to Blue Apron.
Today, they responded...
and they're granting me full replacement cost!
Hallelujah!
My birthday62 celebration has just been extended to some indefinite time in the future!
Here's the email from them, as well as the letter I'd sent.
(smile)

----- ----- -----

Re: A follow-up to your Blue Apron email

Marshona M. (Blue Apron)

6/4/2020 2:36 PM

Hi Faustina,

I’m so sorry to hear your recent delivery arrived with broken gel packs. We want you to have an enjoyable Blue Apron experience, and I realize this must have put a damper on your dinner plans for the week.

Although the gel is non-toxic, it’s not intended for consumption. Because of this, I have to recommend that you discard any ingredients which came into direct contact with the gel. I’m so sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

As an apology, I’ve issued a credit of $59.94 to your Blue Apron account, to cover the cost of your next scheduled delivery. You can see this credit reflected in the top right hand corner of your account, or in the order details of your next scheduled delivery on your [Upcoming page](https://www.blueapron.com/account#upcoming).

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I’m here to help.

Sincerely,

Marshona M.
Blue Apron Customer Experience Team
www.blueapron.com

On May 27, 9:29 PM, Faustina Smith wrote:

Last week, when the box arrived, it was leaking.
One of the ice bags had been pierced and the contents were on some of the items, but they were all in bags
so I washed them and they were okay to use.
Today, when the box arrived, it was leaking again.
When I opened it, it had been upside-down and there was again a leaking ice bag, with its gooey contents on everything.
That included the garlic and the two zucchini, neither of which were in bags, all inundated with the ice bag contents.
I plan to throw them away, as I do not know what chemicals are in the ice bags.
I expect compensation for this bad delivery today.

----- ----- -----

Now, I wonder what - and when - I will next order...
I'll be sure to include it with my birthday62 post label!

1 comment:

faustina said...

My feedback to Blue Apron about their agent's handling of the complaint:
"The support was given in a timely manner, understanding of my concerns, and generous with compensation.
Thank you!"