Monday, June 15, 2020

tall cool one

That Robert Plant song is just perfect for this baseball fan!
Especially this line "'cause I'm your tall cool one, and I'm built to please"
and this one "Lotta places I've seen, lotta names lotta words".
After all, Scott is very tall and he is very cool and he has traveled all around, catching Braves games at every ballfield they've ever played in!
Here's he's the one playing ball, with the Sand Gnats, on August 26, 2012.
He was my plus-one at the event for season ticket holders -
what a glorious day!
That's still his fb profile pic!
The other side of my Birthday62 mug #5 has another rare shot: Scott having nachos at a baseball game!
That's one of his taboos, a food that guarantees a loss for the home team.
However, on 07-07 last year, no Savannah Bananas were playing in the All Stars game -
nachos and fries for all!
I so love that he has been in my life for 20+ years!


In fact, I came upon a photo of him a few days ago, from my birthday40 party.
That was back in 1998, folks, and I'd already known him several years by then.
We met when I wrote movie reviews for Richard Branciforte's "Good Times" magazine -
ah, yeah, good times!
(smile!)

Okay, Robert Plant, how about another few bars to see us out?
"I'm so tall and you're so cute.
Let's play wild like wildcats do.
You're gonna rock your tall cool one,
I'm gonna say that, I'm gonna say that,
I'm gonna say that, ah
You stroll, you jump, you're hot, and you tease,
'cause I'm your tall cool one, and I'm built to please.
"

Here's hoping for more good times with this Eagle Scout, and soon!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Woohoo!
He liked it, he really liked it!

me: Ah, good times!
I had six mugs made and most def made sure you were represented.

him: Cool
me: Which Bananas games do you have?
Mine are July 7 and 19, then August 8, 20, and 28.
him: I forgot to check my ticket dates last night but I am planning to switch them around as soon as I know the teams we are playing.

Very nice! We'll have some baseball together!
Anticipating delight!