Saturday, June 6, 2020

another birthday dinner with potatoes and green beans

As a reminder, this is the birthday62 dinner from last week, courtesy of that darling first niece of mine.
To wit, I had a full and meaty breast portion from the roast chicken, fresh green beans sauteed in olive oil, and instant smashed potatoes - from a package! - which I made using Lactaid milk.
Magnificent and delectable!

Tonight, I finally had the birthday62 dinner I'd planned three weeks ago to have.
Potatoes? Yes, in gnocchi form, sauteed with garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes.
Green beans? Yes, the leftovers that I'd frozen from that first meal, cooked with shallots in pan drippings. (Blue Apron's green beans had perished.)
Meat? Yes, a sirloin steak pan-cooked to medium rare.
Again, magnificent and delectable!

Both meals, though 8 days apart, were served with the same Pinot Grigio alongside, in celebration -
the LaToretto wine from Italy.
Both had Roman Raspberry Sorbetto for dessert, too -
the Talenti frozen treat from Italy.
I still have one glass left of the beverage, but of the sweet -
all gone!
I'm amazed it lasted this long!
(smile!)



Here's the amazing thing: Christina knew nothing about the Blue Apron order.
She knew not a peep about what my dinner plans had been.
She'd heard nary a word about me selecting something other than pasta or Mexican.
What an amazing coincidence that she chose potatoes and green beans as the two sides!
I know why she chose the roast chicken: she knows I tend to eschew beef.
But why did she pick those other two items?
Had she intercepted my telepathy about wanting that combo for my special meal?
Perhaps she had.
I already know she and I have that link, just as Mama and I did.
How reassuring.
(smile)

i thank You, God, for having her watch over me, too.

1 comment:

faustina said...

What an interesting co-inky-dink, as a comic character used to exclaim!
Each of these photos was taken at a different table in my house!
The first one, my formal birthday62 dinner, was taken in the dining room, with the meal on the formal dining room table.
The sunroom was the setting for the second photo, for last night's meal, served on the artistic smiley-face table.
Then, for the third shot, showcasing last night's dessert, the marble-topped coffee table from Panama held the plate, right in the living room.
How fortuitous to have captured all three locales!