Thursday, April 30, 2020

twins! frisbee! company for me!

I had company today!
Here, Leila is reaching up to catch the frisbee I just tossed.
She got it, too!
She had been playing the game with her Great-Aunt Tina (hey, that's me!), her sister Alyssa, and her Aunt Chelsea for about twenty minutes.
How very good to all be able to play a game together on this sunny, warm day of spring!

Here's her dad, Michael, taking down the trampoline with just one hand!
Good thing he had his little sister Chelsea, and her man Dylan, to help him out with those stiff springs.
Remember how it had taken almost two hours to assemble it?
Well, they had it apart in just under a half hour.
I even helped load the truck with those heavy poles.
(And look at my pretty roof!)

Where were the girls while the plaything was being dismantled?
Riding their bikes in the street and at the park with Grammy Melinda!
No more scooters for them - they're big girls now, able to pedal and feel the wind in their hair!
Watching their blonde hair blowing back reminded me how much I had so loved that when I was a girl!
Michael told me that he even rides with them at their new home -
how very fortunate for all!

And how very fortunate that he thought of sharing all of this bounty with me!
The girls get free breakfasts and lunches, plus they get food bank items.
The extras were piling up - but they're mine now!
That's a huge pork loin to roast, a dozen eggs, two bags of red apples, four other apples, four oranges, and two pears.
Plus, they gave me six bags of chips, 3 cans of low-sodium garbanzos, a can of refried beans, a dozen boxes of raisins, a jar of peanut butter, a bag of pecans, 2 packages of chick pea snacks, and 3 boxes of orange-sour raisinels.
Yes, not all items are shown in the photo.
That's because I've had a bag of chips, a box of raisins, some pecans, a pear, and a box of those raisinels since they left two hours ago.
(smile)

Part of all that was as a very late slunch; part was a pre-dinner,
post-yard work snack.
Now, time for the last part of this "Quantum Leap" episode!
He's a photographer trying to save a home-girl model from an overdose of black beauties.
(smile)






i thank You, God, for the blessing of this visit!
Michael even gave me a three-Mississippi 'back hug'!
Leila reached out to hug me, but I had her pat my back instead.

Yes, yes, I almost wept as they were leaving...
but I managed to hold off the tears until they were out of sight.
i thank You, God.
i am so loved.

No comments: