Sunday, April 19, 2020

Schrödinger virus effect

"We all have Schrödinger's Virus now.
Because we cannot get tested, we can't know whether we have the virus or not.
We have to act as if we have the virus so that we don't spread it to others.
We have to act as if we've never had the virus because if we didn't have it, we're not immune.
Therefore, we both have, and don't have, the virus.
Thus, Schrödinger's Virus.
If you don't understand this joke, you're never allowed to talk about science again."

Anyone who has ever watched "The Big Bang Theory" will understand this joke.
Of course, that may just be science nerds like me...
BAZINGA!
The show has millions of fans who have been watching it since 2007!
Plus, the show's twelve years of episodes are re-aired somewhere almost every day of the week.
That gives me hope that the majority of people will either understand it or be able to explain to others.

I definitely understand it.
I've even applied that logic to master cylinders for manual transmissions in cars.
I even applied it to a piece of exploding art at the Jepson.
Then there was the time I spoke of the cat itself!
However, my favorite has to be the incorporation of the principle into a trivia game played with the Rogue and those sweetie pies from California.

Now, I really must be going.
Asbury Memorial's service will be starting right shortly...
time for one more cup of coffee before I pop over to youTube!
(smile!)

No comments: