Saturday, April 11, 2020

tackling the wild, wild yard

Hey, I have to give a shout out to The Escape Club for the title inspiration!
I always loved dancing to their song, "Wild Wild West" and playing along by miming to the special sound effects - like gunfire, with ricocheting bullets!
So, as I've done for another song when killing zombies, I've altered this one for my own purposes: grass cutting.
Hit it, boys!

Forty-seven weed sorts
hanging out in all yards
North east west south
all around the same house
I'm sitting in a back room
waiting for the big boom
Now I'm in the living room
waiting for my mower.

My Ryobi's so green
and for that I care
I love its color
and battery power to spare
Mowing to the beat
that moves my heart
Heading for those dandelions
Tackling the wild wild yard
The wild wild yard
Wild yard!


I really do like my new mower!
Not only does its battery last much longer than that of my previous Homelite mower -
as in, I was able to mow the front and back yards without recharging -
but the battery is much easier for me to handle, being smaller and lighter.
Hooray!!!
Plus, when I bought it on March 31, I had a special coupon from Home Depot to let me pay for it over 12 months, rather than 6 months.
Oh, and the mower was on sale for $279 - just twenty bucks lower than usual, but that helped offset the sales tax.
The lawnmower arrived a day early, on last Monday.
I had freed it from the cardboard box while it was still on the front porch -
to make sure any COVID-19 virus on the container didn't touch the mower -
then let all "decompress" for a day.
Wednesday, I charged the battery overnight.
Then, this afternoon, after talking to the bfrb for 33 minutes during his drive to his parents' home in Tennessee, I needed to wreak some havoc somewhere, again.
Time to take the Ryobi out for a spin!
What a marvelous idea that had been!
My yards look soooo much better... and I am much more relaxed.
(smile)

Now, the free Showtime preview is still working, so I'm going to have dinner and a movie.
(smile!)
I've made my variation on shrimp ceviche and I've selected "Stardust", a 2007 fantasy film based on a 1999 Neil Gaiman book.
I've been a fan of his work ever since that kickstarter project in 2014.
So... hasta la vista, y'all!

No comments: