Monday, April 6, 2020

bananas and bandanas and alligators, too

All I did was send out the above photo to mi tres amigas.
Honestly, that's all.
Well, I had added that it was
Cajun 15-bean soup and I was eating it with chopsticks.
But that was all I did!
Apparently, that was all that was required for Barbara and Carolyn to start razzing me, wanting to know how much of it I was now wearing.
Good thing I didn't tell them I'd slurped the liquid out already!
(smile)
Anywho, that photo served as the match that lit the powder keg, and soon another topic was up for the razz attack.
Specifically, the making of my face mask was up for grabs!
(smile)

cooter: Stated that you took a new, never used banana to make a face mask.
I was just glad it was new and never used.

cooter: My sister-in-law in FL told me about making a face mask out of one half of an old bra.
I tried it and l looked like l had a cantaloupe stuck on my face.
I think maybe it was for smaller chested women.
I may have scared animals and small children when l wore it outside. O:-)

me: I saw that, too, and considered it. Didn't work for me, either.

cooter: I think instead of a face mask, we can use ours for a Sun hat!

cooter: My niece told me some people were making them out of jockey shorts (the old "tighty whiteys").
That way you could use the little flap thing to blow your nose without taking the mask off.

cooter: I think that is for robbing a bank, not the coronavirus.

me: Ugh.
I rather liked the one I saw for using old leggings, but I don't have those.
I don't even have pantyhose.

boo: Carolyn, you probably haven't seen it, but there's a commercial running on tv where one of the bank robbers wears fishnet hose.
Needless to say, he was identified.

cooter: No I have not seen it, but I think it might have been one of my cousins, once removed.

me: Lol! You mean hauled off to the pokey!

boo: That is definitely one removed!

cooter: The one I am thinking about....the pokey would not even take him...too crazy.
He would even scare the regulars at Georgia Regional.
"Bless his heart."

me: Heard. One of my niece's maternal uncles is a nutjob too.
Thinks this was all a plot by China to kill everyone's economy.
Seriously. Tried to set him straight on fb.

cooter: He wants us to drop a nuclear bomb on China because this all a "set up" for China to overtake the world and his idol (the Big Orange) is right when he calls it the Chinese Virus.
Also any stores that have a limit on toilet paper should be fire bombed...
yes, and l am supposed to act like he is perfectly normal when l am forced to be around him.
But then...I am a great actor, at times.

boo: That would be an Oscar winning performance.

cooter: Well Oscar and l are old friends.
Now back to Tina and her making a face mask out of a new, not used, banana.
Now that's interesting!

boo: Florida explains social distancing as keeping one alligator between you.

me: Bandanna, bandanna.

cooter: Better not be wearing one of those banana face masks when you get those gators between you.
They usually do not go for bananas, but these are unusual times.

boo: I like it.
I tried on my painter's mask and instantly recalled why I hadn't used them.
They are too damn hot to breathe.
I've got a couple of bandanas.
Siri did not correct that so I think that may be the spelling.
But then Siri changes words on me all the time.

cooter: It is very easy to breathe through fishnet hose. I heard.

me: Ok, i had too many n's in it. Maybe the alligator will eat one of them. :-)

cooter: I am saving so much money on make-up since I am not going anywhere..
I may be able to go around the world next month!
I will take some new bananas with me, just in case l need a face mask or I see an alligator.

cooter: You know l am messing with you, but the thought of a banana face mask
just makes me smile, esp a new unused banana.
And we all can use a smile right now!

me: You betcha! Plus, smiles remove wrinkles! I know I heard that somewhere. :-)

boo: I've thoroughly enjoyed our little comedy routine tonight.
Laughter is absolutely the best medicine.

me: Agreed! :-)

cooter: Bananas and alligators also remove wrinkles esp if you see an alligator eating a banana, you will laugh so hard, all the wrinkles will just disappear.

me: Laughing. Out. Loud!

*** *** ***

What a blessing to be able to laugh and joke with these dear women!
i thank You, God, for mi tres amigas!

No comments: