Thursday, April 9, 2020

maundy thursday update

This image was part of the email I received from
the church, reminding me it was Maundy Thursday,
the day before Good Friday.
It was a reminder of the way Jesus had served
the disciplines, with an act of kindness by
washing their feet.
Everyone wore sandals back then during warm
weather, so their toes were dusty and dry.
I'm sure the water was rather soothing to
those whose feet were washed clean.

What a coincidence, I thought, that I was being reminded of the caring for feet.
My feet have been a horror show for the past two weeks.
It all began with me stepping on a blackberry bush I had uprooted and getting tangled up in it.
Naturally, I had been wearing sandals.
That meant the thorns had dug into the tops of my feet and all around my ankles, too.
I have countered the continuous itching of the aggravated flesh by regular pat-downs with isopropyl alcohol, interspersed with soothing cream.
I have also been foregoing the wearing of shoes.
After returning home from my expeditions yesterday, the first thing I did was remove the socks and shoes.
Exposure to air is truly the best relief.
Avoidance of nature's thorned growths is the best action for the future.
Not everything natural is beneficial, clearly.
Now, let's put some more chemicals on my poor ankles so they will continue to heal.
(smile!)

No comments: