Wednesday, July 1, 2020

hello-o-o-o, Angel!

In another hour or so, I would be going to fetch Mister Willie for the opening night of baseball at Grayson Stadium, with us aving waited since August 5th for the Savannah Bananas to regain the field.
Delayed by the pandemic and COVID-19 restrictions, the current season was postponed until today.
Honestly, I'm glad my first ticket isn't good until the Tuesday game.

So, where's a girl to go when she needs that fix?
Nowhere, when she has "Angels In The Infield" on the TBS roster to be her savior, steadfast and true!
How did they know I am such a Patrick Warburton fan?
Whether he's Audrey's male chauvinist hubby on "Rules Of Engagement" or Elaine's on-and-off boyfriend on "Seinfeld", there's something about him that's really appealing to me.

Partly, I admit, it's this perfect "drop dead" glance.
At once dismissive and dispassionate, it tells one and all that his feathers cannot de ruffled.
There's something reassuring about that.
Plus, I realized today that he reminds me of Scott, the tall cool one - his size, his mien, the way he moves.
What a nice coincidence to have my baseball buddy brought to mind, especially for this movie!

Talk about coincidences, here's another!
With my eyes closed, I opened the cupboard for a mug...
and fetched forth this one, with J-Dawg, my bfe!
Right place, right time!
The Anaheim Angels had to defeat the Crimson Devils in the playoff game in the film and this mug has the physicist as both an angel and with a bunch of devils - that's why I threw in the halos for this photo!
Ah, life is good!
And tonight I get "Quantum Leap" with "Man of La Mancha" - perfect!

2 comments:

faustina said...

Scott did, indeed, make it out to the game.
After QL, I was going to watch via the Coastal Plains site, but they wanted money.
So, I have been following the play by play here.
https://www.coastalplain.com/sports/bsb/2019-20/boxscores/20200701_dugq.xml

Maybe they will let me watch the game after it's done?
Maybe.
Right now, it's top of the 4th, Bananas vs Bacon.
Bananas scored five runs in the first inning, loading the bases and driving in one run at a time.
neither team has scored since.

faustina said...

Lest I forget, this was the message waiting in my email when I finally checked it yesterday afternoon, post-movie and brunch.
Coincidences... lovely!
------ * --------
7/01/2020
3:25 AM


Faustina, do you remember way back when, on the day you first earned your wings, how you worried about whether or not you'd be able to use them to lift yourself, and thereby the entire planet, higher?

And so I reminded you that the reason you earned them was because you already had?

You’ve already earned all that your heart desires.

Tallyho,
The Universe

ps Besides, Faustina, you didn't really think with all the encrusted diamonds, inlaid pearls, and the monogrammed gold flaps you special-ordered, they were really about flying even higher, did you? I don't even know how you walk around with them things. But I'm proud as could be.
------ * --------

Thank you to all my angels!