Saturday, July 11, 2020

blue apron birthday62 redux

Well, I have certainly enjoyed this extension of my birthday62 celebration!
Blue Apron had wanted to make it up to me for the shipping mishap (what fun words to string together!).
They had allowed me a do-over at their expense, so I had waited for special flavors to entice me.
I wanted different meats, too, for maximum variety...
and my wishes were granted!
I prepared the "Turkey Kofka with the Pickled Onions and the Tzatziki-Dressed Salad" as directed in the recipe that first night.
What a taste treat it was!
I've had the za'atar seasoning before and love that spice blend - sumac, thyme, oregano, salt, crushed aleppo pepper, and sesame seeds!
That isn't something I run across every day, nor in any local restaurants, that's for sure!
The next day, I used the romaine to make lettuce wraps - excellent for brunch!
Plus, the fresh nectarines served a nice taste counterpoint and beautiful addition.
A few days later, I finished the Kofka off for Sunday brunch - three meals from one recipe!
(smile!)
In-between, I changed from fowl to beef, preparing the "Ras El Hanout Flank Steak with Roasted Vegetables & Crispy Saffron Potatoes".
So good to have something different!
I'd had the North African spice blend before, on pork, and it was equally good on beef.
But I'd not had the shishito peppers.
Combined with the poblano pepper and zucchini, it was just the ticket for an evening meal on a hot summer day... or two!
Now, with this third meal, I've changed the meat species to fish.
"Seared Salmon & Tamarind-Tomato Sauce with Aromatic Rice & Marinated Vegetables" is a Tim Hollingsworth version of an Iraqi dish, so I knew it would be good during a southern summer.
And so it was, and so good I almost ate all of it as a single meal!
The Vadouvan curry powder with the tamarind paste was irresistible for my taste buds!
Thanks, Blue Apron!
(smile!)

No comments: