Saturday, July 25, 2020

nine plus two equals ELEVEN!

Here's Christian, the birthday boy, showing off his best tricks with this bouncy house water slide!
This head-forward, downward-facing maneuver was the third such trick that he gave me this afternoon at his Dad's house.
And who is that watching her Bubba splish splash in Hinesville?
Why, that's littlest girl, of course!
Not the napping Chloe, silly -
Miyah papaya!
(smile!)

Leila and Alyssa were there for this delayed birthday celebration, too!
That's Leila in the orange, with Alyssa holding her knees and waiting for the rain storm to stop.
 So, what's the problem with rain at a water slide party?
Not a thing, but that lightning made it scary to be outside!
Time for them and the neighbor kids to come in and eat some chips!
(I had animal crackers!)

The rain delay gave me a chance to give Christian his birthday gifts!
I was about four hours late - lol!
That didn't matter to him!
He loved the joke about the 92 stickers of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - haha!
He loved that Savannah Bananas baseball cap, too, and the snazzy banana pen!
The sports-themed, paint-them-yourself, mini-posters weren't quite his speed, but the ten tiny tattoos that came along with them certainly were a big hit!
The flaming basketball went directly onto his left bicep - oh, yeah!
What a wonderful party!
Plus, I had a gift for the hostess, my first niece...
an autographed baseball from July of 2013.
She and I and the three foster kids had been to a Sand Gnats baseball game, complete with fireworks and that's when I got that baseball.
I had all four of them autograph it that night!
Then, when I was searching out that Bananas pen, I found the baseball.
Better for her to have it than me!
After all, she was their Mama for a while.
(smile!)

No comments: