Wednesday, January 27, 2021

tamara, tamara, i love ya, tamara

Honestly, you'd have to be a fan of "Annie" to get it...
does that help?
So, just what the Sam Hill am I talkin' 'bout this time?
Watching tv with my first niece, of course!
Or else why would that song from one of our favorite musicals have been cued up on the jukebox in my mind?
Indeed!
(smile!)
So, here's what you need to know right now: Tamara and her husband Joe were the contestants on "The Wall".
Christina and I have added this show to our repertoire of ones we watch 'together'.
So, that makes three: "Weakest Link", "The Wall" and ... one to be named in a few moments.
(smile!)
We've been watching that first one for several months now!
That's not to say we catch it every week, but we try to keep up with it.
And now that "The Wall" has started its new season, we're there with it, too.
The latest one, on Sunday, had a brother and sister trying for the money...
and us trying to match wits with them.
(smile!)  

One multiple-choice question asked which two first names are brothers who have been in space?

me: "I know this one! Mark and Scott. They are identical twins. Scott was on ISS for a year to study effects of space on genes. His DNA is no longer identical to his brother Mark's. I watched a two hour special on Scott Kelly during the summer. It was fascinating."

Christina: "Wow, that is cool about the twins!"

Another question wanted to know where Fort Knox was.
 
me: "Oh, i would have missed that question. I thought for sure it was Tennessee, not Kentucky."
Christina: "If Covid ever allows normalcy I would Joe Biden to go to a trivia night sometime."
me: "Say what?

Christina: "That text was not meant to say anything about Joe Biden..."
 
me: "Spooky ether body snatching your phone?"
 
Christina: "Not sure if it is my phone's fault. Michael did something to my phone last night. My only clue to what he did was I might get to know Joe Biden better..."
 
me: "I have no idea how that would work."
 
Christina: "So strange. Like changed to Joe Biden...."

I still have no idea what her brother could have done to her phone.
Maybe it's one of those "predictive text" things.
Anywho....
tonight, I found a new show for us to watch: "Name That Tune"!
It's a bit like "Beat Shazam", which I really like, but involves contestants wagering how many notes they need to figure out the song title.
Fun!
She was done with her homework in time to watch the second half.
That meant she missed the first two contestants, but was right on time for the next pair!
Perfect!
So that meant that we were trying to guess the songs, too!

her: "Don't speak."
me: "No Doubt. Lol! You just got punned!"
her: "I like Gwen in general."
me: "Me, too!"
her: "You're punny tonight."

her: "ALL.OF.ME. John Legend."
me: "I think it is perfect as it is so true. No one is perfect and that is what the song celebrates."
her: "I think that too."

me: "Hahaha! Barbie Girl! I remember Sam Johnson singing that at karaoke one night. To raise money for his new kidney."

The blond young man then won a shot at $100,000 by guessing seven titles in 30 seconds.
 
her: "I can't believe he passed on 9 to 5."
me: "Yeah, we knew it, but he is very young."
her: "Can't fight the moon light was another he passed on."
me: "LOL! He's led a sheltered life."
 
So, he guessed four correct... 
 
her: "72k. That will buy him a car for sure."
me: "That will buy several cars!"

Hmmm...
maybe she and I need to go on these game shows!
LOL!
Yeah, maybe not, but it sure is fun to 'watch' them with her!
(smile!)

No comments: