Tuesday, October 13, 2020

from swim trunks to a car commercial with ruck

 
No, silly, not me in swimwear.
That would be my fictional hairy-chested paramour, Samuel Beckett...
and his real-life counterpart, Scott Bakula, of course.
What a honey!
Comet tv certainly has done right by me, lending this man to my imagination and my evenings, for months now.
I think the "Quantum Leap" is on its fifth lap since it started brightening my nights.
(smile!)
My first niece is well aware of where I can be found between 6 PM and 8 PM on weeknights.
She also knows that even though this is Tina Tuesday, that my activities with regard to that have been curtailed by the cinemas change in screenings.
That meant I would be available on this Tuesday, yes?
Yes!
 
 her: We are watching the weakest link on NBC wanna join us?

me: Yes, please.

her: :-)

me: I have not seen this in years! Nice to see Jane Lynch hosting it.

her: She so much better than old person.

me: Agreed! I love her as the shrink on Two And A Half Men.

her: Most men add inches.... lol

me: Yeah. I liked that too.

her: What is an Intuitive healing person?

me: Someone who tells you what you already know to do.

her: I don't think they should have sent home the smartest person yet. Christian disagrees. What's your opinion?

me: Yeah i -think- that was a bonehead move.

her: 'Could have Answered in the next episode' was hilarious!

me: Land is two years younger than me. I thought she was older. That surprises me.

her: Land? Did you mean Lynch?

me: Yes. I thought i typed J a n e but those keys also make l a n d.

her: Oh...

me: Bank bank.

her: That is what I just said...

me: Yeah, they are so fixated on answering that they are not watching the money.

her: That is the highest I have seen them get. Chris thinks I would be good on this. I know most of the answers but I think I would freeze with the cameras.

me: Yeah, i would need a hit of tequila to distract me.

her: Tony seems pissed.

me: I didn't get that vibe.

me: Oh, wow! Alan Ruck in that commercial with the car! Loved it!

her: That is my favorite commercial in a long while.

me: Most def. I love him, especially since he said my name was beautiful when i met him at DragonCon. :-)

her: Team Megan!

me: Lol! That was fun! Thanks for having me join you! Love you!

her: Love you too.
 
Thank you, my dearest Christina Ann, for including me.
I am so blessed to have you in my life!
i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Just for posterity, here's the commercial.
It wasn't actually a car ad... it was a security system ad.
So, I guess it wasn't that successful as an ad campaign...
but it sure is a beauty to watch!
Just for the record: Alan Ruck is two years older than I am.
That means he looked boyish enough AT 30 YEARS OLD to play a high school senior in the 1986 "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".
Really cool!
But...
I think he looks so much better now.
Oh...yeah... bahm bahmp!

Here's the article with the details.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1129785_bueller-bueller-liftmaster-s-latest-commercial-would-ruin-ferris-day-off

Here's another one.
https://etcanada.com/news/698748/alan-ruck-recreates-classic-ferris-bueller-scene-for-tv-commercial/

And here's an article that says what the commercial didn't convey.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alan-ruck-and-liftmaster-revive-iconic-movie-garage-scene-with-a-modern-day-twist-to-reveal-the-benefits-of-a-smart-garage-301139517.html

Here's that super-deluxe-cool video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iESH6sFdtY

I expect I'll be hitting that last button a few times...
Oh...yeah...
bahm bahmp!