Friday, January 8, 2021

penny from heaven

It's been a rough few days.
I have found myself sobbing at least once since midday on Wednesday.
I don't mean crying -
no, sobbing inconsolably, tears streaming, mouth open.
It's been a rough few days.
But at least I was not alone for all of this day.
My first niece had asked me to meet her and littlest girl for lunch.
I was up until 4 AM again, so that didn't happen.
I did make it to the VA in time for the second shot of shingles vaccine.
The nurse and I were talking about the veterans who took part in the attack on The Capitol, betraying the oath they had made to this country.
And I couldn't help it - 
I sobbed right there. 
She stayed with me for another twenty minutes to make sure I would be okay.
Right place, right time.
She agreed that the 68 attackers arrested, especially those associated with injuries to the police, should be charged as terrorists.
She liked that I was going to see a movie about good triumphing over evil.
 
But first I needed to get to Pooler.
It was already after 3:30 and the traffic had picked up.
Still, I was able to catch the USPS truck outside Seasons of Japan - and finally post birthday cards to Christy and Linh.
Then, warm and filling Soba Tempura Shrimp, along with edamame to restore my body.
I was even there in time for "Family Feud" while I leisurely dined.
Right place, right time.
On to the GTC Pooler for "The Dark Crystal" of 1982.
As I left my car, the 1977 penny gleamed to catch my attention -
Right place, right time.
I even had free popcorn as a birthday bonus not yet received, so now I have some at home.
As for the movie...
I was amazed how much of it I remembered.
It's probably been two decades since I've seen it.
I was already a fan of Jim Henson and his Muppets, plus I'd seen Ralph Bakshi's "Wizards" - which came out in 1977 - multiple times while in Panama, so this movie seemed a continuation on a theme and I was all for that.
It was no coincidence that this movie was here for me today.
i thank You, God.
I was even inspired to write a little poem as I watched the puppet actors.
 
"Ten little mystics waiting for a sign, 
one withered and died and then there were nine.
 
Nine little mystics traveling before too late,
one suddenly vanished and then there were eight.

Eight little mystics at their ancestral home,
reunited with their physical selves and then there were none."

Right place, right time.

No comments: