Monday, January 18, 2021

falling behind on my A*List

I only saw two movies at the AMC this four-day weekend, but I promise it wasn't for lack of trying or lack of interest on my part.

Here's the thing: I've seen everything that's playing at least once already.

If not for "The Marksman" this week, there would have been no new movies to draw me in.

The studios need to start releasing more of the movies that are languishing in vaults during this pandemic.

Last weekend, the only one I watched at the AMC was "The Croods: A New Age", and that was because my first niece wanted to see it.; I'd already seen it weeks ago with her brother.

The weekend before that - Week 19 and the first week of 2021 - saw my A*List dance card completely filled! 

That was due to my seeing an oldie, as well as second viewings of the second Wonder Woman as well as the new Tom Hanks movie.

My first-time viewings of those two movies were during Week 18, which was the tail end of Christmas weekend and continuing on into the following week.

That week I'd also seen a new movie, "Promising Young Woman", which was a warning of the price of revenge on the person exacting it; very good, but not one for multiple views.

"Fatale" falls into that same "one and done" category; good acting, but a bit harsh, being a tale of "what happens in Vegas" not staying there but following one home.

So, for Week 21, I've seen two movies and left a slot open on my A*List.

I could have seen a movie for a third time... but, no, it's cold outside. 

I'll stay in and watch Sam as a deejay again.

Here's hoping that Week 22 will bring some new movies to the silver screen.

1 comment:

faustina said...

No sooner was I done with that episode of "Quantum Leap" than Christina texted me.
"The Wall?"
You betcha!
So we watched "together", texting back and forth with observations and quips!
"The Weakest Link" was on right after, so we watched that "together", too!
I'm so glad she and I do this!