Wednesday, January 13, 2021

leaping about with Sam and Marty and the Doc

Time travel here,
time travel there, 
in movies and on television
multiple times this year!

How's that for a bit of poetry?
True, it has the same meter as the other, but when inspiration strikes first thing in the morning - yes, even before coffee - I make sure to jot it down!
As long as it rhymes, it's a poem!
(smile!)

And just what, if anything, brought this about?

Well, Marty McFly's antics on stage started it, with this scene in both "Back To The Future" and "Back To The Future, Part 2", shot in 1985 and revisited in 1989.

Quite a bit of footage was reused in the second film, to allow two Docs, two Martys, and two Biffs.

Plus I had this bit of eye candy!

That's my man, Dr. Beckett, glistening with sweat in the afternoon sun, post post-hole digging in a contest with a cowgirl to win her heart.

He can leave those boots under my bed any time, as I may have said before - oh, yeah!

Love that hair on his chest!

Those bits of time travel were on Sunday and Monday.

Tina Tuesday found me at "Back To The Future, Part III", in the wild, wild West, with Doc Brown's chitty chitty wooo wooo train!

There's something about that man, too, that's quite charming -  it's his optimistic attitude and his towering stance and that lovable grin!

But he's a good deal older than me and I tend to prefer someone within a few years of my age.

Scott Bakula is just four years older than me.

So, when I have sweet dreams tonight of this beau in a bubble bath, I can easily imagine our 1989, 30-something, selves together... and I already know he can dance.

(smile!)

No comments: