Sunday, January 17, 2021

sunday groove thing - i hope!

Head 'em up!
Move 'em out!
Load em' up!
I don't know why that song popped up on my mental jukebox, but there ya go!
I snapped this as we were preparing to leave the GTC Pooler, having spent two hours there watching "The Emperor's New Groove".
Hard to believe that movie is 21 years old!
The good thing is both my first niece and my nephew were old enough to remember the voices in it, so that made it a nice walk down memory lane.
I really loved hearing Tom Jones singing one of the few songs!
Oh, yeah... love his voice!
And here's a note to myself for next time: get the seats in a two-row block, rather than everybody in the same one row.
That worked beautifully for separating the four kids from the four adults, as well as keeping all of us well away from anyone else.
Plus, as we were in rows B and C, that made it easy for us to move in front of the screen during the credits to do our dance, do our dance, yeah - word up!
Good to get out some energy before popping into the car for the next big thing!
Plus, it let's everyone else in the cinema safely get out before us - winner, winner!
This is the second time I've danced with the girls after a movie and I love it!
I think that is part of my new groove for 2021; yes, what a lovely habit!
After the movie, we were early enough able to snag a table for eight at Jalapenos.
Most excellent!
That meant shrimp ceviche for me!
Even better - Christina surprised me and paid for my meal!
Muchas gracias, mi corazon!
Here we are, nearing the end of our second hour there, with Grammy Melinda helping to get coats on Chloe, Leila, Alyssa, and Miyah.
We'd already had the bathroom rounds, so with full bellies and empty bladders it was time for all to hit the road...
well, after another thirty minutes or so talking in the parking lot and multiple hugs all around!!!
Now, I am safely home in Savannah again, with my odometer reading a mileage of 21 57 57...
Melinda and Michael have Leila and Alyssa home in Guyton again...
and Christina has Chloe home in Hinesville again.
What's that?
Where's the littlest girl?
She went to Guyton to have a sleepover with her twin cousins.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Oh...
one more thing...
that was movie # 80 since the cinemas reopened in late August.
Let's hope they remain open!