Monday, May 31, 2021

gift of low country boil on dutch island

What a bowl,
what a bowl,
what a mighty full bowl!
C'mon, now, ya gotta sing it like Dave Crawford had intended it to be done!
I have to say, that's a right lovely way to serve a low country boil, too.
Usually, the cook pot is emptied over a picnic table covered with newspapers, but I must admit:
this looks far more appetizing!
More genteel, too, which I guess is to be expected as we all get a bit older, right?
(smile)
And after all the eating was done, I even had leftovers to carry home for another meal!
Thanks, Mary!
Speaking of that sister-in-law of mine, here she is with a cute trick!
She's trained Buster to eat from a spoon!
No, seriously, she has!
She had mixed up some special food for him and then she proceeded to hand feed him - what a hoot!
My other sister-in-law, Laura, and her teenaged son, Noah, both got tickled by it, too!
How long has Mary been doing that?
I have no idea.
When did she start feeding the dog that way?
I have no idea.
But the dog goes along with it and she likes doing it, so that's all that really matters!

Here's Smitty, lounging on his back deck, jawing with Noah and Tony, while Buster tries to muster up some manliness in his stance.
(smile)
It truly was magnificent weather for a Memorial Day cookout: sunny and warm, with just enough breeze to take the bite out of the heat.
i thank You, God!
My and my two remaining brothers had such a lovely, low-key, day in each other's company, and shortly after I took this photo, Smitty said, "Well, while we're all here", and fetched forth... the Family Bible that I'd grown up knowing.
It must have been given to Mama and Daddy when they wed, as the genealogy works backward from their names.
Frank had given the tome to Smitty, which is good; I had thought it was lost.
I made sure to take some photos of those family names for the genealogy tree at My Heritage.
Thanks, Smitty, for having us be together today!
Thanks, Tony, for the ride out there with you and Noah while Laura was at work, and thanks for the ride home, too!

No comments: