Tuesday, May 25, 2021

tuesday! tuesday! tuesday!

First was the errand with Smitty to fetch our middle brother.

Next was the moving of the bed from the Ocean Room to the Aquarium, begging the question of what to do about the name of this blog... but that shall wait, as long as the pandemic reigns.

Then, the sheets needed to be washed before making the bed - and, as they were to be put right back on the mattress, there was no need for them to be folded!

(smile!)

Nothing like a dish full of shrimp ceviche to renew my energy!

With Jalapenos right there across the street from the laundry, I was able to take care of two birds with the one car ride!

What a nice change of pace from my po' girl ceviche that was, to indulge in the real thing!

Right place, right time.

(smile!)

All tasks completed, I was right where I needed to be for a Savannah Music Festival event, via ZOOM, that afternoon.

They were at the Lucas Theatre, in their first live event in over a year - what with the pandemic, ya know - so here they are taking a selfie with the audience.

Oh, wait, I haven't introduced them yet!

That would be Fred Child and Bruce Adolphe, of Performance Today's Piano Puzzler.

And just what did all that mean?

Well, Bruce, would play a well-known song, but in the style of some other composer than the one who wrote the tune, and Fred would field responses from those trying to guess the song's title.

For instance, Bruce might - and did - play "This Old Man", but as a Romanian folk tune that Bartok would have written.

The trick was trying to recognize how each composer sounds and the chords they favor.

I really had fun with it! I recognized The Beatle's "Yesterday" right away, even though it was done a la Bach's "E-Flat Minor Prelude"! Then there was "If I Loved You", played as if Ravel's hands had unraveled it - nice! "Until There Was You" was just as beautiful served up as a Chopin mazurka, as was "And I Love Her", prepared a la DeBussy. Such a lovely way to while away an hour!

After, I called Christina back. She'd called before the concert, saying she was in town, buying a car, and wondered if I'd like to join the family for dinner? Of course I would, but first I had this SMF event, right?

So, when I called, was i surprised that she had not yet finalized the deal?

Of course I was not.

That meant I would be meeting them at the car lot on the corner of Abercorn and West Montgomery Cross Road, rather than at the restaurant.

That worked out fine, as I was treated to the sunset to one side of me and the moon rise on the other as I arrived.

That also meant I had volunteered myself for babysitting duties, so they might finish up sooner.

Sure, that wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind for the evening... but Miyah and Chloe were easy enough to talk into dancing to the tunes at the dealership, and I think the fellows there were entertained by it, too!

Eventually, all was said and done and signed on the dotted line and we were free to go.

Hooray!

That's what my first niece said, too!

She was very happy to finally have a vehicle large enough for the whole family to ride in!

Chris had even cosigned, so her payments would be better and she wouldn't be capsized by debt like she had been with the other car.

Hooray!

Finally, we were off to Olive Garden, where they treated us like family!

That means we had the back room to ourselves so the cranky kids would not irritate the other diners.

I tried their rendition of Chicken Margherita, but I gotta say: the one at Chili's is still my favorite.

Hooray!

No comments: