Saturday, May 1, 2021

building castles (from the sand)

I just had to riff on Squeeze's tune about beach holidays!

You know the song, right?

"Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)"?

If not, then go and give it a listen, won't you?

Then I know you'll understand why it's running circles in my head!

I've just spent nearly eight hours with these little blonde ones, littlest girl and miss chlo.

Half that time was me showing them how to transform the ground below their feet into castles and towers and moats!

Thanks to our timing, the tide at Tybee was ebbing while we were there - more beach at our feet!

Speaking of which, those our the tootsies of my first niece, as she lounged.

That's me in the floppy Savannah Sand Gnats hat!

Why not in the water?

It's too cool still for us Georgia peaches!

Even the breeze off the Atlantic was a bit brisk by prevening...

but not too cool for ice cream on the way back!

No, technically frozen custard and Italian ice isn't "ice cream", but it's close enough and Rita's did it right!

My concoction was a "gelati", with vanilla custard and cherry limeade ice - so very yummy!

And it was a nice break from the traffic for all of us!

Then we were off to Cici's to join Chris for dinner!

Salad! Pasta wth banana peppers!

Pizza with no cheese!!!

He and I even had a rare chance to talk!

The little ones wanted to get toys in the game room, so Christina used her mad skillz to take care of that, giving the two of us some breathing room and time to eat pieces of pie in peace!

(Yeah, that bit of alliteration just had to be there!)

What a magnificent way to begin May!

i thank You, God!

No comments: