Saturday, May 29, 2021

exactly what i wanted for 64-1


I wanted this day to pass fairly uneventfully... and it did.

i thank You, God.

I awakened in my peaceful aquarium, bathed in its soft light.

My thanks to my brother Smitty for that gift.


My breakfast was a leftover chicken sandwich - with mayo! - from last night.

I combined that with the cup of diced peaches from a final, untouched, breakfast tray earlier this month.

My thanks to my brother Ronnie for that gift.

I had one visitor, sans rest of his family, who came and talked with me for a while.

It was almost like having Grandpa right there in my living room!

Honestly, that's not the first time I've seen the resemblance.

My thanks to my brother Tony for that gift.

I finally watched CFTE's vimeo of "Hedda Gabler".

As I told Smitty when he texted, it's "about a conniving woman who sets someone up for death and ends up caught in that web. Very nice costuming."

That's her on the left, wed to one of the men and former lovers with all else there.

 

Mary had texted greetings and love to me this morning - my thanks to her.

Rhonda had texted greetings and love to me this morning - my thanks to her.

Christina called with love, trying hard to not say "happy birthday" - wmla.

Jeff called with greetings and love from Michigan - my thanks to him.

Paul and Cathy sent greetings and love in the mail from CA - my thanks to them.

Noah gave me greetings and love in a card - my thanks to him.

Tony gave me greetings and love in a card - my thanks to him.

He and Laura gave me love and a grocery gift card - my thanks to them.

Amy sent greetings and love in the mail, as a handmade card with fringed grass skirt, from Michigan - my thanks to her.

Carolyn has just called, inviting me out for the last screening of "Cruella" and I'm going -

my thanks to her and my AMC A*List.

It won't be on the Big D screen, but that's perfect for this day...

this day I have dreaded for twenty years...

this day that is drawing to a close.

i thank You, God.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Tony and Laura had also given me a gift card: 64-1 dollars at Food Lion.
On June 21st, I'd used a bit over half of it for some usual items (milk, eggs, tortilla wraps) as well as crunchy Food Lion tortilla chips and the makings for my first BIG SALAD of the summer.
(smile!)
On July 7th, I'd finished off the card, again spending some on the usual 3 items, but also the fixings for my "southwest trifle" - that's layers of black beans, garbanzos, tuna, and Rotel, sprinkled liberally with vinegar.
(smile!)

Many thanks, y'all!