Friday, December 25, 2020

elvis for christmas, morning and night!

Here he is, crooning "Peace In The Valley" from an old clip in "The Ed Sullivan Show" in a special that was just in time for my Christmas Day brunch!

That first meal was warm slices of panettone, generously topped with Melinda's home-made apple butter - 
yum yum!

Then I began my Christmas Day Film Festival, starting with "Dear God" - nice!

Not that I saw all of it: my youngest brother came by with presents for me!

Here Tony is, looking so much like my Grandpa - and sounding like him, too - that I just had to capture the moment!

I sent him home with a my gift to Noah and a large panettone to share with all!

Time for my Christmas dinner - margherita pizza from California Pizza Kitchen ... it was delicious!

While I munched, I watched "Everyday But Christmas", about a Grinchy writer that thought the holiday was too commercial - very nice to see it again!

Not that I saw the ending!

Smitty came by with rib roast and honey-cured ham from his family's feast...

and that delightful dancing and singing Rudolph there on the floor!

I even danced along with him!

He let with another of the Italian fruitcakes - good thing I bought two more yesterday!

Back to the CDFF, this time on Circle instead of Bounce.

"The 12 Days of Christmas Eve" is exactly the type of movie I love, with a guy having to try and try again to get it right.

Then came "Jack Frost", a tale told by a groundhog - what a perfect segue!

Supper was served when I could no longer resist the call of the rib roast, shown here with roasted sweet potatoes!

"Miracle On 34th Street" accompanied my meal, circling right back into another movie on my CDFF list before bouncing to the last one: "Marry Me This Christmas"!

What to do next, I wondered, but not for long.

Comet had Elvis and President Kennedy teaming up to defeat the mummy threatening the Shady Rest Nursing Home.

"Bubba Ho-Tep" should have known better than to tackle them!

It ended with the Universe sending Elvis this message:

 All is well.

I echo his courteous reply:

Thank you, thankyouverymuch.

And, now, "Earth Girls Are Easy" is coming on to grant me sweet dreams tonight.

I am so blessed and so loved!
i thank You, God!

No comments: