Friday, December 4, 2020

not an elf, but a ballet dancer

"Die Hard" is most def one of my favorite Christmas movies!
Sure, it's an action flick and has quite a lot of death and destruction going on -
yeah, I'll definitely confirm that.
But the movie has a lot of heart and a lot of silliness, too, to offset the violence.
And that ending...
well, that ending couldn't be any prettier if it had tinsel all over it!
What a blessing to have it in the cinema for Week 15 of my A*List!
I intend to see it every night, too, as well as two new movies that just started and two Fathom matinee events tomorrow and Sunday.
That should make up for seeing no movies at the cinema last weekend, when it was cold and rainy and nothing new-to-me was playing.
Yes, I am very much still a busy, vibrant, woman, even during a pandemic.
That said, sometimes I need time at home, and after eight hours of playing with children last Friday, staying home was needed.
Tonight, though, I was out and about again!
And tomorrow and Sunday evenings will end with the company of Bruce and Alan and Alexander, kicking butt like a bunch of cowboys -
such a yippe-ki-ay mo...vie!
Woohoo!!!
Tonight, it was such a delight to share the movie with at least ten others, all delighting in the familiar one-liners and Bruce's panning to the camera -
how wonderful to share the laughter of others!
I had to wonder, though, how many of them appreciated the delicacy of the movements and the power behind the kicks delivered by athletic legs that had spent decades dancing for Russian audiences, delighting adults and children alike.
Oh, yes, the fight scene between Bruce Willis and Alexander Godunov, who had once belonged to the Moscow Ballet, was sheer poetry in motion.
I'll look forward to seeing that again for the next two nights.
Most def.

 
 
How did I know my Fabulous Faustina date night had gone exceedingly well?
My sweet little car joined in with the universe to tell me.
Oh, yes -  215215 - an odometer reading to catch my eye and thrill my spirit!
How lovely to know I was right place, right time!
i thank You, God!

No comments: