Tuesday, December 29, 2020

not the grinch you're looking for


He's just a big green meanie from outer space and he's bad -
oh, so bad!
I couldn't help thinkin' 'bout "Little Shop Of Horrors" just now and the song the show had about its big, green, blood-thirsty plant - I so love that musical!
Sarris isn't flora of any kind; nope, just like us, he's definitely fauna.
Unlike us, he's not from planet Earth and, as far as I know, not even from anywhere in the Milky Way Galaxy... nor even from a speck of dust on a wish puff dandelion.
That's where the Grinch was from.
(smile!)
For my Tina Tuesday adventure, I chose to go out of this world, On Demand!
Hahahaha!  Hahaha!
I had intended to watch "Focus", in truth, and was about to cue it up when the listing directly below it called my name - no, not quite like William Shatner had done, but as Tim Allen channeling Captain Kirk would do.
That's because he was actually doing that in "Galaxy Quest"!
Not calling my name, silly, but doing the other thing!
(Get the inside joke from the name? Hey, I already gave a big clue! LOL!)
Such a cavalcade of luminaries in this comedic adventure, including Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, Enrico Colantoni, and my dear Alan Rickman - and these were folks who already had name recognition in 1999 when they signed on for this spoof.
What a gem they have crafted!
I just may watch it again before it goes away on Friday -
the more mirth, the merrier!
(smile!)

No comments: