Friday, December 18, 2020

one-eyed pirate cat

 I think you may be missing an apostrophe in that title.
 
Let me double-check.
Nope!
That's exactly what I intended to write!
 
Okay, so I get that you're referring to something with one eye...
like a Cyclops? 
 
Oh, no, not at all!
That's part of the reason I made sure the word 'pirate' was in there.
This was a one-eyed pirate creature, with a patch over the right eye.
Or perhaps it was the left one...
 
Hold up, please!
I caught that 'creature' in that descriptor.
You know that humans are creatures, too, right? 
 
Of course I do!
But this one-eyed pirate isn't human - it's an anthropomorphic cat.
 
I think I'm getting the picture now.
There's a cat, with a patch over one eye and standing and walking on its hind legs, as well as wearing the togs of an ocean marauder... 
 
Exactly correct!

And just where was this feline?
 
In a movie, naturally!
I went to see "Monster Hunter" at the cinema for my Faustina Friday date night.
I'm so glad I saw it in the Big D!
In fact, I may well go see it again in the near future!
 
Seriously, you went to see that?
Oh, wait, you went because Milla Jojovich is in it and you like her in science fiction, ever since "The Fifth Element".
But you should be aware that the entire movie is based on a video game, rather than the other way around. 
 
Well... yes, I went because she was starring in it... and, no, I didn't know anything about its origins... but it looked to be full of action and a total flight of fancy from reality and that, more than anything else, was the draw.
Again, I'm very glad to have seen it in Big D!
Fabulous cinematography!
And the bad-guy creatures... wow.
In a way, it reminded me of "Love And Monsters", but it also made me think of Ray Harryhausen and the fantastical beings he crafted for monster movies once upon a time.
 
Harryhausen?
Wasn't that the name of the restaurant in "Monsters, Inc."? 
 
Good call there!
It certainly was!
I'm so glad to have been part of the kickstarter campaign to honor the man.
Speaking of restaurants, I went to one tonight!
 
Do tell!
Did you use one of those gift cards you have? 
 
As a matter of fact, I did!
I'd found a ten-dollar one for Red Lobster lost in the depths of the car door pocket.
It was put to most excellent use for this feast: Sesame-Soy Salmon Bowl!
I brought nearly half of it home!
Fabulous slab of savory salmon atop a flavorful rice pilaf, with a side salad and roasted Brussels sprouts that could have served as dessert they were so sweet and succulent!
 
Oh, wow, my mouth is watering...
 
Well, hands off!
I'm saving that for brunch on Sunday, ya hear?
You already at that cheddar biscuit, so leave the rest alone!
 
Fine, fine.
There's that shrimp scampi in the fridge, too...
 
Leave it be!
That is not a midnight snack, no, no, no!
 
Okay, okay, don't get your tinsel in a tangle, g'friend.
Hey, look what's on Comet right now!
"Earth Girls Are Easy"!
These three look rather like feline creatures, and are similar in behavior to them, too!
 
Oh, very nice!
Last night, I had "The Long Kiss Goodnight" on Bounce, so that's two nights running with movies starring Geena Davis!
thanks for letting me know!
Later, chica!

Peace OUT!
(smile!) 

No comments: