Monday, December 7, 2020

are you off the naughty words?

This has to be my favorite holiday 'mercial!
Samuel L. Jackson has been touting Capital One for quite some time and has now recruited his "Pulp Fiction" co-star to help out.
Yes, indeed, I speak of the wondrously talented dancing machine, John Travolta!
Trust me, that's him done up as Santa - his voice and his eyes are unmistakable!
So, near 'mercial's end, Mister Jackson asks if his help has gotten him off the 'naughty list'.
That's when Santa - who has been known to spout his share of curse words in the film world - asks his question.
A querulous "Yes", with a slight head wag, is the response given.
"Ho Ho Ho!", the frost-bearded one replies. "I don't think so."
Hahahaha!
It makes me laugh every time!
The F-bomb has been uttered far more often by me this year than in years past, but not nearly as often as it once was when I was a young sailor.
It remains my favorite curse word and I don't see me stopping its use any time soon, if ever.
Seriously.
There's just something so satisfying about its sound...
I think Santa would understand me keeping just that one...
especially as 2020 has been particularly aggravating...
especially given this Santa's true identity.
Yes, I think I can keep this one naughty word and still not get a lump of coal.
(smile!)

No comments: