Friday, September 18, 2020

making it a dozen tonight

Today begins Week 5 of the A*List with AMC.
I'll be treating myself to a Friday night out, seeing "Jumanji: The Next Level" at 8:30 PM at the AMC Classic 10 near me.
That'll be the twelfth movie I've seen in 23 days.
I am soooo glad the cinemas have re-opened!
(smile!)
For the last two weeks, I've even managed to max out my A*List membership by seeing three movies per week!
Truly, it seems like forever since I've been able to do that.
i thank You, God, for this relief!
This week, I even had company at two movies on the same day!
No, not with mi tres amigas, as they are not yet venturing to the cinema.
 
That double treat was on this past Tina Tuesday.
My first niece joined me in Pooler after her class, for what may be our last lunch and a movie for a while as she started her new job this week.
After lunch at Moe's - her choice - it was time for "The Broken Hearts Gallery" at the Royal.
What a fun movie and what a perfect choice for me and her!
We both adore Bernadette Peters and she had the best line: "Pain is inevitable. It's what you do with 
the pain that is important."
Absolutely true!
She had sold the memento from her failed marriage and opened an art gallery to support the dreams of others.
I immediately was reminded of my use of money from Mama's estate to become Fliss of Kickstarter and support the films and books and creations of others.
Good memories of those campaigns and of time with Christina Ann!
That was Tina Tuesday, part 1.
Part 2 was that evening with the bfrb, again dining at Texas Roadhouse before "Black Panther", another film revived in cinemas to honor Chadwick Boseman.
I was glad to see Michael B. Jordan onscreen so I could thank him mentally for the drive-in movie experience - what a delight that was!
So, that fractured doubleheader was part of four movies this week, three for free with AMC A*List!
The other two were "Sonic The Hedgehog" (Monday) and "The Personal History of David Copperfield" (Sunday).
Those were excellent balms for the kid in me!
(smile!)
Plus, that latter one was my first at the Carmike!
Oops, I mean AMC Classic 10.
(smile!)

The previous week had also found me at AMC three times and the Royal once!
Wednesday, the 9th, had me solo at "42", my favorite Boseman film, granting me a bit of baseball and baseball history.
Determined to fill my A*List, I went out a fourth night that week - that's been a rarity this year of pandemic!
 
I'm glad I did - "Tenet" definitely warranted the BIG D treatment!
Plus, that was my first BIG D adventure by myself.
(smile!)
Those are eight of the 11 movies seen since that first one on August 27th.
There followed the first viewing of "Tenet" - on a Tina Tuesday with the bear - then my first solo at Wynnsong (AMC Classic 11 or, as I call it, "Kevin's cinema") for a film about schizophrenia that I wrote about earlier.
Tonight, after my "Quantum Leap"-ing is done, I'll have an even dozen.
I'm even saving two new ones for the bfrb to have a choice on the upcoming Tina Tuesday.
Rather magnanimous of me, n'est-ce pas?
Hey - 
choice is good.
Okay, the commercial is over.
Back to Sam as a paraplegic Vietnam veteran.
Later!

1 comment:

faustina said...

What a delight to see this one again!
I love the friendship between the four kids and the guy they rescued from the game the first time they went to Jumanji.
Then, this time, to see the friendship rekindled between Grandpa Eddie and Milo - very nice!
But here's something I hadn't noticed: Judith and Lilith are in this, too!
That would be Judith Harper, mom of Jake Harper, ex-wife #1 of Alan Harper, ex-sister-in-law of Charlie Harper, all part of "Two And A Half Men", lol!
(The actress is Marin Hinkle and she was the mother on Alex in this movie.)
The other would be Lilith Sternin, mom of Frederick Crane, ex-wife of Frasier Crane, ex-sister-in-law of Niles Crane, all part of "Frasier" - what a hoot!
(That actress is Bebe Neuwirth and she was the owner of the eponymous "Nora" diner in this movie.)
Nice to have caught those "-ith"s this time around!

I had very nearly watched this during my Starz Film Festival, but time ran out that weekend...
https://hindsightvisionfromtheocean.blogspot.com/2020/08/starz-featuring-kevin-and-dancing-tina.html

what a nice coincidence!
i thank You, God!