Sunday, September 20, 2020

penultimate day of summer

Let's address the day's events in reverse, shall we?
This was just shy of midnight, a rather funny episode of "The Simpsons" full of delicious puns and tasty references to lethal weapons.
A 'trouser browser' was running loose during a street festival to honor the those of Italian heritage.
The aid was enlisted of the widest-bottomed person - Homer, d'oh! - to lure out the pickpocket - lol! 
Earlier, I had my first Fathom event at the cinema!
What a hoot to see "The Breakfast Club" bunch thirty-five years later - hard to believe it's been more than half my life ago!
Ringwald and Hall are both 52 years old now; Estevez and Sheedy are both 58; and in Jeffvember, Nelson will be 61, almost a week after the physicist turns 47.
(smile!)
I had decided to get a bit more dressed up than usual, show off another of my shirts from the 2012 Italy trip.
This one definitely makes me look like a wench, highlighting the headlights, if ya know what I mean!
I very much like the way this top looks and how it makes me feel, but the material is so slippery that it won't quite stay put.
Guess that just means it maybe isn't meant to be worn for very long...
wink wink, nudge nudge!
In truth, I didn't wear it long, either.
I had it on for the post-church ZOOM 'coffee hour', just to let folks know I was taking care of myself.
I loved being able to have my hair down, too, for this cooler weather.
There were less than thirty at the session, same as at the one last Sunday.
Nice to chat about how we got our names, how we pass the time, and travel plans.
I even spoke at length about "The Catcher Was A Spy" helping me find my groove!
One more nice thing about being at this chat: I found out why Billy had his hands up over his mouth when this painting was revealed!
The social center has been renamed Holliday Hall, in honor of Miss Virginia, and this new commission is to represent her there.
Well, the first words out of her mouth were, "Oh, it's so ugly!"
Hey, thanks to the 18-year-old in me, I totally understand.
That old woman is not the image she has of herself.
I get it.
This may well be the new image I carry in my head for Rev. Hester!
Clad in the 'armor' of a clown...
holding a shepherd's staff...
belting out the words to a song that Elvis made famous in his '68 comeback show, a song Elvis insisted on singing instead of a Christmas-themed song for the December television special, a song which was a tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr. - "If I Can Dream".
No need for Billy to dream anymore about one thing:
all people can now be married by him at the new incarnation of Asbury Memorial Church.
Amen!

No comments: