Sunday, August 30, 2020

starz featuring kevin and dancing tina!

There she is, right there, shaking all that fringe and sparkle like she means it!
It's the incredible dancing Tina!!!
One might think I'd selected that movie because I knew that lil' fictional character was there - but I had not remembered that name.
The Universe gave me STARZ this weekend for free, as I discovered yesterday when I went in search of a movie On Demand.
i thank You, God.
I'd hoped for a distraction from the "is it REAL or a dream" dilemma that I've had since the pandemic began here in March.
Seeing "Inception" made it worse.
The flamingoes enhanced it more.
But I knew what I had to do as soon as "The Mask" came up in the listing of films: I needed to immerse myself, via this gift of STARZ, into a Film Festival of Masks.
This 1994 vehicle with Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz was the perfect one to drive home the point.
(Get it? My little pun of a joke?)
Stanley Ipkiss awakened each morning with the face covering on the pillow beside him - so it was just a dream after all! - and the police pounding on his door - oh, wow, that was REAL?!
(smile!)

I knew the ideal chaser, too: "Venom", about an alien creature that inhabits a human as a disguise.
Eddie Brock didn't know if the voice in his head was REAL or a dream until he saw the creature bouncing on the MRI room walls.
Oddly, this Tom Hardy film came up at the Thursday outing at that Tom Hardy film, so this one was front of mind for me.
Perhaps it was The Universe giving me a gentle nudge?
Perhaps my angels were providing clues for me to construct this themed cinematic therapy as a balm to soothe and restore my spirit?
I choose to believe that.
I do know I absolutely perked up when I saw Stan Lee, the one-and-only 'dapper dog walker" - simply marvelous!
I went to bed Saturday with a lighter heart and sweet dreams awaiting on my pillow!
Sunday morning, when I peeked out the living room window, the flamingos were still scattered about, standing on my front lawn.
Hahaha, they were evidently REAL and not a dream after all!
Okey-dokey, they were not a figment of my imagination, but a sure sign,
in living color, of my first niece's love for me!
Speaking of that 1990's show, I knew the third movie for my film festival.
It would have to be the one powered by three of the five Wayans brothers!
Written by Keenan, "White Chicks" featured Shawn and Marlon as FBI agents who favored disguises for their undercover work.
That would be 'Kevin' on the left and 'Marcus' on the right, wigs in hand, making a bust... on REAL ice cream men, not the drug dealers they expected.
Whoopsie - bad move, guys!
Their next move was no better.
Tasked with babysitting two spoiled heiresses who are a kidnapping target, they wreck the car leave the women with a broken lip and bloodied nose.
Whoopsie - so the guys go to Nantucket in disguise as 'Brittany' and 'Tiffany', with hair to every inch of skin transformed.
I actually laughed out loud during this rare new to me movie!
Quite a coup!
REAL white chicks was a logical next move for me, and the 2019 "Charlie's Angels" was ideal!
Women hiding in plain sight, with and without wigs, as nearly invisible baristas and janitors... and a high-security employee whose bowl-cut hairdo highlighted profiling.
Most excellent to see again!
Time for a break to stretch my legs and move around!
Fortunately, the summer heat had dulled its edge and the mower battery was fully charged.
Out to the back yard I went, hoping to finish the job I started yesterday.
Glory, hallelujah, I did!
Sure, there are still bushes and such, around the birdbath and perimeter, waiting for a trim.
But, look - nary a dandelion in sight!
Just lush, low-level, green!
(smile!)
What was next on the film roster?
Well, how about another one with aliens in disguises as well as a buddy flick featuring a woman and a man?
Sounds like last year's "Men In Black: International" is the only choice for those parameters!
In fact, there's the probationary Agent M and Thor-like agent H trying to rescue Vungus the Ugly (the alien Jababian prince) from two other aliens.
Yes, this would be them.
As Dynads, they are able to take on multiple forms, ranging from break-dancing humans at a nightclub to beings of pure energy in the street.
Quite impressive shape-shifting, though those glowing blue orbs they used as eyes were a bit of a giveaway of their identities.
(smile!)
Okay, time to dial it back a notch, back to the REAL instead of science fiction dreams.
"Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins" proved to be the right one for that, plus it was "new to me" - win win!
On the surface, no masks, no make-up, no wigs.
Just a man who had created a fictional version of himself for television, but reverted right back to the insecure, jealous teen he had been when he goes back to Georgia for a family reunion.
Hey, that makes want to write a poem!

Yes, you can run, but you can't hide,
from the person you are inside.
You can don a new persona as a disguise
when out in the public and strangers' eyes.
But your baggage is always open when family is around
and they've certainly got your number
and know the buttons to bring you down.
So don't think you can fool them, they never slumber
when it's one of their own, finally come back to town.
(smile!)

Speaking of slumber, time for me to get some in just a while.
My boys of physics will soon be on, so I need to settle down and chill.
Later!
(yawn!!1)

No comments: