Monday, August 3, 2020

switch hitter

After I finished brunch,
I had checked for an
update on Isaias.
Partly it was for my own homework, but it was also to reassure my friend Paul out in California.
He had texted, concerned about a nearby hurricane.
"No," I told him, "it was a mild tropical storm for us this morning, with rain and some wind, but is well past us now."
i thank You, God.



Then, this evening, the ex texted from Michigan, wondering if the house was still here.
So, I sent him this photo to reassure him.
"Lol!" I wrote.
"It just gave us a bit of rain and wind this morning. It's the Carolinas that are going to see it become a hurricane again."
i thank You, God, to have people who love me.




What a topsy-turvy existence this particular natural phenomenon has had!
While traveling in the Caribbean, up toward southern Florida at 8 PM on Saturday, Isaias was definitely a hurricane.
While traveling in the Atlantic Ocean, off the Florida coast at 8 PM on Sunday and on its way to Georgia, Isaias lost much of its fury and became a tropical storm.
While traveling still in the Atlantic, on a collision course with the Carolinas at 8 pm today, it again became a hurricane.
I am just relieved that this danger is past.
i thank You, God.

No comments: