Monday, August 31, 2020

i got the pink flamingoes rockin' on my lawn

"Oh, c'mon, girlie, tell me you're kidding, right?"

But it's for real!
They've been out there for three mornings in a row!

"Get serious!"

I am, I promise!
And how nice of you to remember the song title I referenced!
The ex did not, which was odd.
"Now what are you on about?
What song and what reference?"


"Get Serious", silly!
The post title I used is straight out of their lyrics.

"What group, dear heart?
Is this another of the bands that Jeff introduced you to when he was 'your radio'?"


Exactly correct, ma'am!
Which is why it surprised me when he didn't recognize at once the partial lyric I sent.
Figures On A Beach was a Michigan band, too, his homeboys.
True, the band has been defunct for three decades...
but, still.

"Well, the birds were only mentioned once in the song."
True, true.

"So, just what does that sign in their midst say?"

'You have been flocked
by Rusty's Regulators
for the fight to end
Alzheimer's Disease!'

"Oh, that's cool...
wait, isn't that the same group that had the bingo game last year?"

Ah, how sweet!
Proof that your memory works!

"That was with that first niece, wasn't it?"

You know it!
She was the one who had me flocked!
Her hairstylist, Tricia, happens to be Rusty's niece.
Kind of a full-circle twist right there, n'est-ce pas?
"That the uncle sent you, the aunt, all those birds?
Yes, dear.
I know how much you like those coincidences.
How long will they stay?"


I'm hoping forever!
I really like knowing they're out there, the shiny pink dozen, brightening my yard and my world!
And I've shared them on at least 20 pages on fb!
"Well, that sounds like they've brought you much delight."

Oh, they have, they have!
Christina said I was 'the first person she thought of' who would enjoy having the flamingos!
As the sign says, I can pay to have them removed, but why would I?
I could also pay to have them migrate elsewhere, but for now, I'm going to continue to enjoy having those pink flamingoes rockin' out.
"That girl loves you so!
Hey, you spelled the plural two different ways.
Is that to reference your 'g that g looks odd' stage?"


No, it was not, though that was fun!
(smile)
The bird is one of those that pluralizes with either just an '-s' of with an '-es'.
I looked it up.

"Good for you!
Now, what say you get dressed, eh?
Or is this a nudist camp day?"


Nope, heading for the shower right now!
Later!

1 comment:

faustina said...

They've flown off.
I had been told that they might migrate of their own accord at any time, without warning or even a fare-thee-well.
I guess that was true.
I didn't even realize they were gone until I stepped out to get the mail as the postal truck rolled up.
Drats.
I just may have to buy some of my own.
Or...
maybe I'll contact Rusty's Regulators and have them fly those tail feathers back over here.
Yeah, that would be nice!

https://rustysregulators.com/