Saturday, August 7, 2021

swing, and almost a miss

I almost didn't go to that game.
My 5-game package of tickets were done, as of July 28.
For me to go to the Championship game, I'd need a ticket.
So... to buy one, or not, that was the question earlier this morning.
Then, at 1 PM, FOX had aired a special about the MLB @ Field Of Dreams game - that was to be a reality on Thursday, August 12!
The White Sox would finally be playing the Yankees, there in Dyersville!
It was even a regular season game for Chicago, so it counted for stats!
Would I be able to see it?
 
After I pulled myself together - hey, every time I see anything about that magical place in Iowa I tear up and sob - still - I did a bit of research.
Was the game to be aired on the local FOX network?
Yes, yes, it was!
Was the game to be free to view?
Yes, yes, it was!
Most excellent, plans for my Thursday evening! 

Well, shouldn't I see if tickets were still available for the CPL game at Grayson?
So, I checked on fb on the Bananas' page.
Incredibly, tickets WERE still to be had!
For real???
So, I checked the Bananas' website, to verify.
Yes, yes, that was for real...
so, I texted Scott to see if he would be there, and he said "Yes!"
I bought my ticket at 5:18 PM for the 7 PM game.
Just think: if I had not, I would have missed out on Bill LeRoy's smiley butt!
That would have been a real shame!
(smile!)
Right place, right time...
because of an unexpected television show about the magic of baseball.

i thank You, God.

No comments: