Sunday, November 15, 2020

hanging out with my peeps!

 "Get out, get out, get out even more, Faustina!
Because there are people you've yet to meet,
laughs you've yet to share,
stories you've yet to live,
and riches you've yet to tap,
that will not find you under any other circumstances.
See you there,
  The Universe
Besides, Faustina, how else can I shower you with surprises?
"
 
LOL!
That was the message in my email at 3:44 this morning! 
Surely it was already known that I had plans already for each night!
Just in case others needed to know, I popped to fb.

"I am sooooo thrilled!!!
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is back in the cinemas!
Plus, "Flash Gordon" is, too!!!
I'll be seeing that one at the Classic 11 on Sunday at 4 PM - I already have my ticket!
I also already have my ticket for a new movie, "The Climb", on Saturday at 5:45 PM at Classic 11 - looks like fun!
I plan to see "Freaky" at that cinema, too, in the BigD, tonight at 8:30 PM!
Please join me - 
'twould be lovely to see folks I know and love at these safe environments!"
I meant every word of it, too!
Did I see anyone I knew at either cinema these three days?
Nope, they all have cabin fever from fear of post-election COVID spikes

Not I, my dearies!
I was off to see folks I know and love!
First visit was with my "Guardians Of The Galaxy" misfits of whom I am exceeding fond!
Star-Lord, Rocket, Drax, Gamora, and Groot were imprisoned and just about to plot a jail break.
They weren't friends yet with each other, but that was soon to come.
After all, they had something in common - and with me, too!
(smile!)
Then I bounced from midtown to southside -
the Big D was awaiting my presence and there was plenty of "Freaky' going on!
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
Actually, if not for the presence of Vince Vaughn, I doubt I would have been there, but I trusted him to make sure the ride wasn't too rough.
And look who he had as a special surprise!
Woohoo! Oh, yeah!!!
So, Friday the 13th was set for sweet dreams!
(smile!)
Saturday dawned and I was ready to ride!
Back to the AMC Classic 11 with my bad self for "The Climb"!
I really hadn't known much about this except it looked like a good movie about a friendship between two men... and it was, so good call on that one!
Not that it was all lovey-dovey, as it certainly was not.
That's because one of the guys was an alcoholic that continually made bad choices and the other was an enabler who persevered in staying his friend no matter what.
They were both likeable fellows, though, so the movie worked.
I liked that the two who wrote the screenplay were the two playing the leads, with one of those directing as well.
What to do next with myself?
Off to midtown for a little "Girls Trip" in New Orleans!
Surprisingly, I was the only one who had bought a $5 ticket for it -
not just for that screening, but at all.
That was a shocker!
Still, the foursome was there for me and we had a blast!
Plus, there was that fabulous speech at the end.
"I know that there are a lot of us who stay in bad relationships because we have convinced ourselves that being disrespected is better than being alone. But we shouldn’t fear being alone, because there is power in rediscovering your own voice, and I had forgotten that. I forgot that years before [this relationship] I was ... a girl with her own ambitions and her own dreams. But luckily, my girls, my girls reminded me of that. They reminded me of my own worth. And that there was a time that I didn’t fear anything. No one has the power to shatter your dreams unless you give it to them. And I refuse to give anyone that power again. If anything, I hope that me revealing my truth inspires you to realize your own. Thank you for listening."
Right place, right time.
Thank you all for those empowering words!
Not ready yet for my Saturday night to end, I looked up some of my peeps, On Demand - and there that TBBT bunch were, waiting on me!
Howard was celebrating the one-year anniversary of his first date with Bernadette, so he'd written a song for her and arranged for Sheldon, Amy, Leonard, Penny, and Raj to sing back-up.
Then Bernie got put into quarantine when the container of raccoon-origin human-killing coronavirus she worked with had broken.
What to do about the special occasion for the couple?
Well, when you're a bunch of nerdy, hopeful, romantics like them - 
and like me, too! - 
you bring on "The Romance Resonance" anyway!
I watched that segment five times - I did!
I do so love hanging out this these folks!
Sunday dawned, a bit crisper than Saturday had been, but my heated mattress pad had kept me comfy cozy all night!
"CBS Sunday Morning" gave me the love story of Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, who have to be one of my dearest, and favorite, Hollywood couples!
(All those commas are sprinkled like confetti for you, my first niece!)
I'm so glad I saw them in "Swing Shift", where their 37-year romance began!
They even talked about that on the tv show today - very nice!
I could tell when I watched it - like I had for Geena and Jeff a few weeks ago - that they were in love.
Goldie and Kurt said the secret is "wanting to be together" - wise words!
Soon enough it was time to bounce out into the world!
 
Today, a "good triumphing over evil" double header was being played for my benefit!
"Flash Gordon" - that's him sans shirt - first had to battle Barin at Vultan's keep, with Dale and Zarkov bearing witness.
By the end of the match, they have all teamed together to defeat Emperor Ming...
and they win, of course!!!
And I got to see the fine body of the one-time Playgirl centerfold - definite win!
 
The bottom half of that doubleheader was being played at Classic 10, so off I sped for another round with my space-faring peeps.
I'm talkin' 'bout those "GOTG" orb-chasers -
that bunch of 'losers' just like me -
people who have lost ones they loved.
Here, they were setting out to defeat evil after discovering their strength as a ragtag bunch...
accompanied by music, naturally, because life - and adventure, especially - should have a soundtrack.
(smile!)
See y'all again on Tuesday at the Royal of Pooler!
I'll be having myself another romance for Tina Tuesday -
and this time it's a double feature with Michael Rooker.
Oh, yeah, baby!
(smile!)

No comments: