Tuesday, November 24, 2020

a christmas cactus for tina tuesday!

Yep, yep, I have a new plant!
That's it, my very own Schlumbergera Buckleyi, which is like a miniature of the huge ones Mama had.
Speaking of her, that Christmas tree brooch belonged to her and is one of the prettiest pins I own.
The red pullover, with the fireworks embroidery on the front and dark blue binding, was Mother Pat's.
As I keep saying, I am never alone.
(smile!)
For lunch today, I was actually in very good company with old friends!
Sue had invited me about a month ago to join her and Monica and the stars finally aligned!
I'm sure the folks at Jalapenos wondered if we had moved in... 
we were there three hours!!!
This was the first time we'd been together in years, so we had a bit of catching up to do, and a bit of reminiscing, too.
(smile!)
After all, it had been Sue that took me to Okinawa in 2004, allowing my heart to finally reboot after Mama's death in 2001.
Today, I returned this Japanese doll to her, to give to her daughter born later in 2004, now sweet 16.
She was elated to have t for her oh-so-girly girl!
(i thank You, God, for the heartfelt suggestion that raised such good memories for both of us.)
I'm glad I had it for her; Sue had brought the plants for Monica and for me, based on a remark I'd made on fb about the cactus.
It was good to have something for her to take home from our meeting today!
 
Now, I'm off to dance once more with Star-Lord!
"Guardians Of The Galaxy" is ending its two-week return on the silver screen and I'm trying to catch it twice more.
Including tonight's viewing, that will make five times that I've seen it during this run!
Plus, this evening's movie will mark it as my 55th since the the cinemas re-opened!
Right place, right time, all day.
What a glorious Tina Tuesday this has been! 

No comments: