Thursday, June 10, 2021

in the heights!

Glory, hallelujah! This musical is finally in the cinema!

"Oh, is it Friday already? Hooray!"

No, silly rabbit, it's just Thursday... but I saw it tonight and it's amazing!

"If it's only Thursday, how were you able to watch it now?"

The cinemas are all open again. The AMC 10 is still Friday to Sunday, but the AMC 11 has been screening movies every day since June 1.

"Well, well, well."

Deep thoughts... hahahaha!

"Say what? Oh, that was meant to be a little joke."

Sure, sure. Just a teensy one... LOL!

"Whatev. As if."

Girlfriend, those are so passe.

"So, fine. How was the musical?"

Fantabulous! Actually, it reminds me of a crossover between "Rent" and "West Side Story", though it's not deliberately supposed to be. I realize both of those are old enough that the young folks in the audience won't see the correlation and will think this is the first play about the Latin community. That means they need to get out more, broaden their horizons and open up their minds.

"So... they need to be more inclusive? They should embrace diversity?"

Darn tootin'! That certainly is not a "white" thing to do. Everyone - of all races, of all genders, of all religions, of all ages, of all nationalities, all over the world - need to practice being a JEDI. Justice, equality, diversity, inclusion - that's a goal for everyone.

"I totally agree, and have been preaching that message for two generations, ever since I was a teenager."

I hear ya, loud and clear. I'm glad that Capitol Hill Ocean Week had JEDI as it's theme this week, even though I only caught that first panel. That was on the same day that I had margaritas with my first niece on my mind... and in my hand!

"Good thing attendance at CHOW was free, right?"

Most def. Even better thing that the lectures and panel discussions are archived, so I still have the opportunity to watch them. I truly intend to do so, even though I'm pretty well zoom'ed out. But I think If I watch one or two sessions a day I'll be able to see them all.

"That's a lofty goal, dear. I hope you're able to do that. I know how tiresome it can be to always feel like you're a choir member going in for one more rehearsal, even though you know the tune by heart, as you've sung it most of your life."

True that. It'd be nice to have some new members raising their voices, right?

"Right."

"Nuff said about all that! back to the topic of movies! 

"Yes, please!"

So, I've seen four films on the silver screen since Saturday. That would be "Cruella" with Carolyn, then she and I saw "Spirit Untamed", the new Disney horse animated flick. Tuesday was "Cruella" with Christina, and then Carolyn joined me for "In The Heights".

That one, tonight, on the BigD screen - as it truly should be seen! - was my third "free" one, so I'm done... and ready to start a fresh A*List tomorrow! I've even already made my reservation for the first one of my new week!

"Hot diggety dog! Is that Ryan Reynolds?!"

Yes, it is!!! "Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard" is having an 'advance screening' so I jumped on the opportunity to see it! I had so enjoyed the first one, so I know I'm going to love this one, right? Plus... it has RYAN REYNOLDS!!! In a blue shirt!!! Like his character in that other movie of his that I'm still waiting to come to cinemas! I think it's now going to be out in August. I've waited over a year!!!

"Yeah, I know. Hopefully it'll stay on track this time."

Heard.

"Okay, I'm going to say good night, now."

Good night... and sweet dreams, as the bfe would say!

No comments: