Wednesday, June 2, 2021

gift from blue-sky penny

Tina!,

Wishing you a year of fearless adventures with a plethora of new friends you've not met yet!

I love you!

Happy Birthday!
From, Penny

That was posted on the video card page, to which she had sent me an email.

She had also posted this on my fb page:
 
Penny Walker Bos to Faustina Smith
May 29
Sweet Tina.  I know your victimization this week was awful but it's your birthday! 
Turn on your perpetual beautiful, vivacious, infectious love of life and enjoy the celebration of all things YOU!
Here's a jib jab card to make you smile!
Check out '"Fearless" by Goo Goo Dolls - Birthday' on JibJab.com

Faustina Smith
Thank you, dear. 
I find myself second-guessing myself, doubting my decision-making, waiting for a knock on my door by the police. 
Plus, it's this day I've been dreading when I turn the age Mama was when she died. 
Damn. 
So glad when this month is done.

Penny Walker Bos
I'm sorry this moment in time is so heavy with anxiousness and sad memories related to your
wonderful mother's passing. 
As a victim of a crime, your feelings are normal and expected...
exactly why I sent this, to remind you that you are fearless.

Linda L. Walker
Happy birthday Tina. 
I took your mother to the hospital for your birth. I called the base to let your dad know and he had gone skating.They put a note on his bed. He managed to get leave and came quickly. 
I love you dearly.

Faustina Smith
Much love to you both! 
I had deliberately wanted this bday to pass without much fanfare, as I became the last age Mama attained. 
Next year, BIG blowout, I promise, for 64!
Smitty had a low country boil today and Tony and Laura were there, so that was wonderful.
Christina and Chris had a cookout yesterday and Michael was there with his girls, too, so that was wonderful. 
I had hidden my birthday on fb, so that helped me keep it where I wanted it: quiet, subdued, with family being the only ones to mark the day. 
May is almost over and I am feeling more blessed and loved than ever with this low-key start of year 64. 
I am so blessed.

No comments: