Friday, October 2, 2020

all in the front, stripe across the back

 
What a mileage to see: 214400.
That's the reading back in my driveway again.
When I had called GEICO about my latest bill, I had explained that I am retired and no longer travel back and forth to work.
When Gregory asked if I knew how many miles I was putting on the car since I first retired, I could actually tell him.
I retired in fall of 2018, drawing my first TIAA ORP payment in November of that year.
That coincided with the date that I wrote this post, which noted the odometer reading of 202000.
That means I've only put twelve thousand miles on my car in almost two years.
When I was working, I'd run my car that far, easily, in just one year.
Thanks to my keeping track of such things, my insurance bill dropped.
Want to guess by how much?
I was quite surprised: more than 22 percent!!!
That's $171.36, per year, that's going to stay in my pocket!
Broken down by month, it's just $14.28, but here's the thing:
that's still staying with me, not going elsewhere.
Woohoo!!!
I felt like I was soaring above the clouds, headed for the sun!
Now I know how Hiccup and Astrid felt as Toothless took them to heights they'd never known in Berk.
I so love this movie!
It's hard for me to believe that "How To Train Your Dragon" is already a decade old!
I'm so glad I was able to see it as my 'Friday night out' movie!
The two cinemas in town have cut back to only having screenings on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
That began on Wednesday, so no more "Tina Tuesday" outings to movies in Savannah.
The Royal in Pooler will still have movies on that day, should the bfrb want to go to there.
I've let him know, of course, did that yesterday.
That's so he can wrap his head around the change for next week.
(smile)
Now, what's up with that silly post title up there?
Am I referring to some new haircut?
Only if mowing the grass can be thought of as giving the Earth's hair a trim!
Then again, I suppose whatever can be said about the sea oats also holds true for the crab grass, since both have ties to the beach.
(Get my little joke?)
Yes, I still feel like I'm floating on air ever since my talk to Gregory...
and, to think, I had so dreaded making that call and trying to save on my car insurance...
what great silliness.
I just wish I had known retirement would bring that perk!
Still, right place, right time, as the odometer attests.
i thank You, God!

No comments: