Monday, March 2, 2020

not just another manic monday

How can I tell?
Well, I now own two of The Bi-Polar Bears t-shirts!
The bfb's muscle mas has increased to the point that he has had to buy new shirts not once, but twice.
Knowing my support of all things Kevin, he has generously granted the well-worn one on the left to join my brighter version.
Guess I need to wear it more so it can catch up!
(Hey, a little running bear joke never hurt anyone!)

What was the occasion for our meeting today?
The peacocks have him tomorrow, so, instead of a movie, we opted for Philo Cafe, especially as it was Cedric's topic - hooray!
Neither of us had been to the philosophy group for... well, a long time.
Good to see Bonnie Blue and Liu there!
"Education Underload" may not have been the topic all that evening, but we'd tried to stay the course!
(Another little joke here, pun-style!)

What else was different from last week's Monday?
Sure, we were at Ole Time Country Buffet, but this time, I got my own ribs!
I know where they are now.
(smile!)
I also had rice and gravy, twice, dosed by me with black pepper - yummy!
No sweets for the sweet, either -
not even one of the baked sweet potato halves.

Oh, and there's one more thing that marked this evening as most def not just a regular venture for us:
I drove Opal!!!
That last time that we danced, he had complained that he was "always the driver and never the passenger".
I said I'd drive his car, but then chickened out.
Not this time!
I drove us downtown and back - amazing!

Not that the driving tonight was the only steering wheel action I saw - not by a long shot!
I had lunch with my first niece today, my darlin' Christina, out in Richmond Hill.
I must say, I hope to get absolutely spoiled by these midday meetings with her!
Not that it was just we two, as her colleague from Scotland, Michaelina, joined us.

To have such a lass seemed entirely appropriate, too, as we were dining at Molly MacPherson's Scottish Pub & Grill on this fine, sunny day!
Mondays feature was the six-buck burger and side, with mine turkey instead of beef.
I ate every bit of my bird, and each of the potato crisps!
(smile!)
I wonder what adventures await me next Monday?
(smile!)

No comments: