Friday, March 6, 2020

night and day art collection, deux

And so, as forecast yester eve, I returned to the museum for my repast this morn!
Still no unicorn in the marsh depiction above, but there was
a very nice duck floating along
in the katniss.
(smile!)
How very different it seems with
the blue sky of today!
(smile!)
And how wonderful it was to have a luncheon with the Boomers!
Even though I'm still an honorary member of their fb group, I'm fairly out of touch with most of them.
Most, that is, except Sue Gorecki - we run into each other all over town!
How very sweet of her to remind me last night about this monthly meetup!
Plus, Jackie Frant recently had a birthday, so I loved being able to wish her the best in person.
It was good to see others that I knew, too, at Joe's At The Jepson.
That's Karen Halloran at the head of the table, with Wendy of Pooler - I'd thought she was in Bluffton - sitting to my left.
To my right was Pat Youngquist, who I sometimes spot at Asbury.
Diane Johnson was sitting beside Jackie, then there were two others who were new to me (that means I missed their names).
The food was quite nice, too, as would be expected from the former Joe's Homemade.
The Jo'Life Style Oglethorpe turned out to be a winning combination of three courses on one plate!
Along with the salad, I had a fabulous black bean burger with chips, plus fresh fruit for dessert!
Of course, I had to get mine poison - I mean, strawberry - free, but that second fruit cup was excellent!
After the meal, Jackie and I explored the new art on the third floor.
This new mural, "Late Afternoon near the Academy", is in tune with the impressionism works culled from the Telfair's collection.
The artist, Dana Richardson, claims that Savannah's light has a blue quality at that time of day -
I believe it to be more lavender.
My favorite part of this painting?
The rich, purple, shadows... gorgeous!
Now to rescue my car from its parking spot!
(smile!)

No comments: