Monday, January 6, 2020

worthy resolution from an addendum

"Work on keeping a journal with Betty White" -
hahahaha hahaha!
When it comes to resolutions for a new year, the chart above seems to be as good a tool to use as any.
I blog anyway, so why not do so while keeping in mind my favorite of the "Designing Women"?
Absolutely!
Nonetheless, I have kept my eyes and ears open for other words of wisdom from the universe,
as I strive to do.
Last night, at Barbara's house with Carolyn and Sandy, I was rewarded with a pearl of truth during an acceptance speech.
And who spoke that truth?
Brad Pitt, newly turned 56 years old, as of December 18th.
He won the "Best Supporting Actor In A Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy" category of the Golden Globes for his work in "Once Upon A Time In ... Hollywood".
It wasn't his acceptance speech that inspired me, but the little extra he threw in, almost as an afterthought, before relinquishing the microphone.
He'd thanked his folks, and joked about why he hadn't brought his mom to the awards...
then, he threw in one last thing.
"Hey! If you see a chance to be kind to someone tomorrow, take it.
I think we need it.
"

That was the highlight of the show for me.
What a magnificent way to end a speech.
I am so glad I was able to witness it with my tres amigas.
i thank You, God.

No comments: