Friday, January 24, 2020

little red riding hood, twice!

Coincidences are marvelous little miracles, aren't they?
After all, there are no coincidences, right?
Just related instances in time that confirm right place, right time.
i thank You, God!

The first instance was at a burlesque show at Club One.
The universe working through that medium, at that venue?
All places are part of this world, are they not?
They most certainly are.
Plus, "Risque Renegades Revue" was a fundraiser for rescued animals.
Also, it was just a block or so from the Jepson, where I already was.
And... I adore burlesque!
So, there I was, enjoying the entertainment from the Sweet Tease troupe, cheering on those on stage, dancing in my seat, and mouthing along with the music -
i.e., I was having a good time!
Then a familiar song began...
one that always brings happy thoughts of Daddy...
and Bo Blush was rocking a picnic basket as Little Red Riding Hood!
I had wondered earlier if I even wanted to stay, but I was clearly right place, right time.
(smile!)

Tonight, I was at Savannah Stage Company's 2020 Season Announcement Party, as I have been for the past five years.
This time around, the theme is "Imagination", building on stories from our youth that still resonate in our brains.
Ghost Coast Distillery was the venue, so I sampled the orange rum - tart and tasty! - and noshed on Boar's Head meats while Jaymi gave out the Golden Lightbulb Awards.
Then came little previews of the three shows to tease us.
(Hey, that's an inside joke here!)
The third show, a musical, featured...
Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf (!!!) in a scene from "Into The Woods"!!!
I almost fell off my stool, bouncing around and lip-syncing the lyrics!!!
Sure, "Charlotte's Web" will catch me, and "A Streetcar Named Desire" will roll into my heart...
but, I know very well that the musical will brighten my spirit!

And what confirmed that I was where I should be?
Well, there's an orb hovering over the table, on the right of the shot.
Yes, I was most def right place, right time.

Now, the party's over and I'm at Planet Fitness to burn off some energy, dancing on the treadmill.
Later, y'all!
Oh...
one more thing!
Let me share the lyrics of the song my Daddy so enjoyed singing!
Enjoy!

***** ***** *****
Lil' Red Ridin' Hood
(as sung by Sam the Sham & The Pharaohs)

Owoooooooo!
Who's that I see walkin' in these woods?
Why, it's Little Red Riding Hood.
Hey there Little Red Riding Hood,
You sure are looking good
You're everything a big bad wolf could want.
Listen to me.
Little Red Riding Hood,
I don't think little big girls should
Go walking in these spooky old woods alone.
Owoooooooo!
What big eyes you have
The kind of eyes that drive wolves mad.
So just to see that you don't get chased
I think I ought to walk with you for a ways.
What full lips you have
They're sure to lure someone bad.
So until you get to grandma's place
I think you ought to walk with me and be safe.
I'm gonna keep my sheep suit on
Until I'm sure that you've been shown
That I can be trusted walking with you alone.
Owoooooooo!
Little Red Riding Hood
I'd like to hold you if I could,
But you might think I'm a big bad wolf so I won't.
Owoooooooo!
What a big heart I have,
The better to love you with.
Little Red Riding Hood
Even bad wolves can be good.
I'll try to be satisfied, just to walk close by your side,
Maybe you'll see things my way before we get to grandma's place.
Little Red Riding Hood
You sure are looking good,
You're everything that a big bad wolf could want.
Owooooooo I mean baaaaaa!
Baaa?
Baa

Songwriter: Ronald Blackwell
Lil' Red Ridin' Hood lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, BMG Rights Management, Songtrust Ave

1 comment:

faustina said...

Savannah Stage Company posted photos from this 2020 Season Announcement Party today and tagged me in one of them.
I was sitting at a table with two strangers, a mother and son, and talking with them about this troupe.
And, suddenly, a long-ago song popped into my mind, but with different lyrics for the different days that have passed in three years.
Here's what I wrote to Jayme:

".. what a difference a day makes... just substitute "pandemic" for "day" and you'll hear the song in my head... heart I even almost recall the conversation I was having with these folks!"

And here's the song:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_a_Diff%27rence_a_Day_Makes

It's as old as I am!
That's three generations, y'all.