Friday, December 31, 2021

ready for a change of view in 2022

I've got my super-chilled, sparkling, pinot grigio open and started, waiting to finish it off with the final toast to the end of 2021.
I've even poured out a bit for "those that are no longer here", as the angels' portion.
Miley Cyrus and her New Year's Eve Party are on the telly and it's been a fairly fun, and chill, show.
I've gotten to like Pete Davidson.
I'd seen Miley and Pete a day or so ago on Jimmy Fallon's show - which I rarely watch - and they were hawking the event, so I'd decided then to tune in.
After all, she was going to be singing and getting nude and he was going to be funny, because that's what they do!
Or so they said, and it's been true so far.
When Pete was introducing the other artists slated to perform tonight, he'd added, "If you don't recognize any of those names, congratulations! You're old enough to vote!"
I got a kick outta that!
(smile!)
She's managed to keep all her clothes on so far, but this latest little silver number looks to be laid on, rather than attached, so the nudity may be soon!
(smile!)
And just who else is with me?
Just me, myself, and I!
I'm down in Daytona Beach, to enjoy a little holiday and maybe a bit of ocean, too.
Not that I'll be in the Atlantic - oh, no!
That water is in the mid-60's, so too cold for this Southern lass!
But I did take a nice long walk by the shore earlier, as I thought the city's fireworks were to begin at 7 PM.
That was not correct... but some other folks had their own and were lighting the night sky from the surf's edge, and doing so starting about 6:30 PM.
They had rockets with huge spreads to rival almost anything the Savannah Bananas fired into the air!
After about an hour of those, I was good!
That's when I'd gone back to the one-room condo I have at the Daytona Beach Regency, to have dinner and get settled in for the next four days.
Plus, I was ready for a break from the crowds of people.
I know it doesn't look like it in this photo, but there were constant streams of families and teens and partying folk, on their way to the amusement rides and the pier.
I'd done pretty well at keeping to myself, but more were coming out as the darkness deepened and the fireworks beckoned.
So, back I went, to the roasted mojo chicken I'd gotten earlier at Publix - yum!
One item of note on my walk: the Paragon cinema at Oceanwalk is truly gone.
I'd seen online that it was listed at "permanently closed" - sadly, that's true.
I guess it's just as well that I did what I did.
I'd stopped off at the Museum of Arts and Sciences on my way into town, renewing my membership (thanks, Tony and Laura, for the VISA gift card!).
They were twenty minutes away from closing, so I just had time to admire the Christmas tree and grab a program to preview the new exhibits... oh, yes, and the planetarium shows!
I plan to catch all five of those!
And just how did I happen to be going by MOAS in the first place?
Well, I'd turned off on the Bunnell exit, to get off I-95 and the constant stream of trucks and trailers and campers flowing in all lanes.
Next thing I knew, I saw the sign for Nova Road... so I took it!
Honestly, I'll be going back this way, or via Halifax, when it's time to leave this area of Florida on Wednesday.
The exits around Daytona can get pretty hectic, especially as they will have two or three directions off the one ramp, but this little exit must mostly get used by locals.
Yes, please!
Okay, time to go and raise my glass... um, I mean bottle!
See you next year!
LOL!

No comments: