Tuesday, December 7, 2021

2 christmas lunches, and a boy band on the tv!

Seriously, ya gotta sing it!
It's my variation on "The Twelve Days of Christmas" song!
What'll it be for day 3?
We'll have to wait and see!

Luncheon 2 was yesterday, with Dawn!
That was two hours at Cancun, rapidly becoming a new favorite for the two of us.
(smile!)
I brought Christmas calendars and she gladly chose two.
No, not one for her and one for her hubby!
The other was for an ocean-loving girl named Brandee, now living landlocked.
Dawn and I talked a lot about Christmas movies and I turned her on to Channel 15.
Every day, at 6 PM, it has one... and I just caught onto the pattern last week.
LOL!
"Today's will be 2012's "Christmas Oranges"," I told her.
I'd like to think she was watching "with" me yesterday - good movie!
She and I also spoke of graduate school, with her wanting to know about costs and how long the program of study would be.
I told her about mine, but made sure to mention that was in 1996.
Also, how long the degree takes depends on several factors, not the least of which is getting married and moving away six years in.
Yeah, I did that, and I'd do it again, too, even though it added three years to my finally writing my dissertation to Dr. M's liking.
That title, by the way, was "The Effect Of Molecular And Morphological Structure On The Tensile Properties Of The Polyethylenes".
Dawn already knew me to be a chem nerd, but that cinched it!
(smile!)
 
I'd like to thank Joey Fatone for hosting "A Very Boy Band Holiday" last night!
What a fabulous hour of men, men, and men, all singing and dancing!
Sure, Sporty Spice had a few seconds onscreen, as it was at her house...
and there were a few little girls in the number done by the children...
but the rest of it was a feast of males!
As well as sing, they chatted about old times with each other in their groups and mostly just hung out together, being guys -
it was glorious!
I do hope they'll do this again in years to come!
 
Luncheon 3 found me in the company of the physicist!
You know... one of the prominent Jeff's in my life.
(Luncheon 1 was last week with the other, remember?
But, for Christmas song purposes, that one isn't included in the post title as it occurred last month, rather than in December.
Otherwise, I would have had to say "three Christmas lunches, two something something, and a boy band on the tv", and I didn't have anything to put in there for "that middle part", as Otto would say, in "A Fish Called Wanda".
Plus, this outing today was a dinner, not a lunch, technically.
Nonetheless, my song variation, my rules!
Now, back to my originally-intended post...)
The bfe had suggested The Noodle Bowl, as the weather was just right for soup.
That didn't pan out.
Not only was the restaurant closed, but the space is for sale.
No worries for us!
The King & I was at the other end of the strip, so we just moseyed on down there.
As well as dining Thai, we spoke of many things, like sea, and ships, and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings... 
oh, wait, that's from a Lewis Carroll poem, isn't it?
Hahaha! Hahahaha!
No, mostly we talked about his search for a new barber, which has been a challenge, leading him to stylists that spoke of extraterrestrials or favored loud music or simply were not quite where he wanted to go. 
Poetry was a topic, though.
I know he likes odd writings, so I brought along Peter S. Beagle's 52/50 Project.
The author crafted that when he was 70 and celebrating the 50th anniversary of his first getting published, penning a new piece - poem, song, or prose - every Monday of 2009.
That's the year that the physicist started this Savannah chapter of his life.
Right place, right time, n'est-ce pas?
I'd like to say I've read them all, but... well, I get distracted, do I not?
A rabbit hole beckons and there I go... 
or maybe it's a squirrel that catches my eye... 
or a flitting dragonfly...
what was I saying?
(smile!)
I have read enough of them to know that one was about space aliens, and another featured a physics professor tackling gravity, and then there was the song about beer.
Yes, I do believe the bfe will enjoy exploring this book.
Good!
Maybe he'll even bring it along sometimes so we can talk about some of the works.
That would be pretty cool!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

The Noodle Bowl is not the only local restaurant in midtown that has closed its doors.
Barbara told me tonight that Taste Of India is out of business, too.
Apparently, its late-night bar attracted folks with guns and someone was shot and killed.
I had been quite surprised when it had first started promoting its bar scene, but I wasn't really surprised.
As the only place with late hours and free-flowing beer in the area, it was sure to garner lots of bucks from locals.
Those days are over for it, and the bar took the restaurant down with it, sadly.
I guess MENSA will have to find somewhere else to meet.