Sunday, December 5, 2021

a little chemistry with my christmas

I finally owned up to the truth: I've gotten my fifty bucks' worth out of this wreath.
The red ribbon has faded and the flamingoes have slipped apart.
Six years ago, I'd bid on, and won, this flamingo wreath at a fundraiser for JinHi Soucy Rand as she continued battling cancer and running Muse Arts Warehouse.
That edifice still stands empty, closed in 2017 with a grand finish by those of us who had loved the arts performed within its walls.
As for JinHi, she continues to persevere and has hit her half-century mark with style, and a love of her gray like I have for mine.

With my penchant for holding on to things for sentimental reasons, I could not bring myself to simply throw the wreath into the trash bin.
Why not refurbish it instead?
That brings up the question of what to use in place of the pink birds.
Why not use some of the self-inflating balloons from SERMACS 2019?
I still had plenty - though I have two packages destined for others, postponed from delivery for the past two years by pandemic.
Those balloons are colorful and globular and, from a distance, will resemble Christmas ornaments... which makes them perfect!
See what I mean?
Chemistry - not just for classrooms, but doors!
(smile!)

No comments: