Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Christmas cheer at Cracker Barrel!

I was the one that had suggested the place and time, with all of us agreeing that it should be fairly safe for a late luncheon.
Nope!
We arrived at Cracker Barrel at 2 PM to find the restaurant swamped!
That's okay, it all worked out just fine.
By the time our food arrived, nearly all other diners were gone and we had our section all to ourselves - whew!
 

It was me and Yvonne and Brooke, with them traveling from Richard Hill (hence, the reason I'd chosen that site), and Cathy Mac had joined us from the university.
What a treat for all four of us!
I was able to catch up on Chemistry Department news, which was good as I otherwise hear naught about events there these days.
What a surprise to hear that Todd was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer shortly after SERMACS 2019, and had nearly died from it!
And what a relief to find that he's finally recovering - and has no teaching duties.
He's been awarded the title Professor Emeritus, meaning he'll be able to keep his office, but not have to deal with lecture or grading responsibilities.
Good for him!
And we talked about travel plans and movies and life during pandemic, catching up for an hour and a half as we dined inside, then carrying our conversations out to the porch for another ninety minutes, as my fellow Armstrong Pirate and I chatted betwixt ourselves while Cathy and Brooke did the same.
And here's what made this a great location: Yvonne and Brooke were able to miss the bulk of the quitting-time traffic headed south, while Cathy and I were going opposite to the flow by heading back into Savannah.
No traffic woes for any of us!
And, what about food?
I had the Southern Fried Chicken, giving me half a bird!
Yvonne had the Sunday Dinner Chicken, with two fried breasts.
I ate the breast of my chicken while there and she had one of the two on her plate...
but she really prefers thigh meat.
So, before we left, I traded the thigh for her leftover breast and we were both happy!
Now, I'll have already cooked protein for the next few days!
Woot! Woot!
(smile!)

No comments: