Sunday, July 11, 2021

feeling like myself again!

For starters, I woke up with my back loose.

When Smitty and I had moved the king-sized bed back to the aquarium, the box springs had been switched and one was wrong-end at wall.

Yesterday, I spent an hour correcting the situation.

That latex mattress is a bear to move!

But, I persevered and I succeeded.

My reward?

A restful night's sleep and my back restored to itself -

i thank You, God!

Then, see that light above the stove?

That's because the weather has been a bit balmier since my return from vacation, allowing me to re-insert the fuse that works that light.

That fuse also controls the attic fan, which will turn itself on and channel hot air from the attic into the house when temperatures are above 90 °F.

Well, that heat was the reason I'd started using the dining room A/C on 9 June, used it for several days in a row before a brief cooling period.

On 15 June, I returned from the laundry to find the attic fan on, so I pulled the fuse.

That meant no light in the kitchen, no piezoelectric igniter for the burners or oven, and back to using matches.

(Remember, the overhead fluorescent light in the kitchen has a ballast issue and will not come on when temperatures are above 75 °F.)

Last weekend, a thought popped up: perhaps I can put the fuse back in?

Lo and behold!

So, I've been able to cook without matches - and have a light on at night in the kitchen - for a week now.

Today, I treated myself to oatmeal pancakes.

i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Oh, about that cool spell Savannah welcomed me home with -
that didn't last but a few days.
That fuse got yanked outta there again on the 15th of this month.
Still, it certainly was nice while it lasted!